Where: Lidsdale Pine forest
What: Chicks skills day run by girls for girls

With instruction from 2 of the best known female riders in the country
Fi and Foxxy

BBQ lunch.

Sunday we have a club short course DH on same track so those
interested can make a weekend out of it and try their new found skills
to the test.

Full details to come, interested riders can email me if they have questions.

ctmbc2 (At) gmail.com

Last edited:

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Just a quick up date on how this is progressing.

I've just confirmed with MTBA that we can cover insurances for free so now I'll get the forms organised and out to people as soon as I get a chance. We are hosting a DH this weekend at the same venue so that has been consuming most of my time but I should be able to get the full details together and out next week.

Hope to see you there.

thecat

Good to hear people are keen. I've got a dozen forms back already.

The day will kickoff at 10am. I'll post MTB signs at the highway turn.
Should be a good day.

How many think they'll hang around for the DH race Sunday?

craign

Likes Dirt
Flynny,

My partner might be interested, but had a few questions. You've answered the first one by adding what time the day starts. How long does the day go for?

She was a bit confused by the flyer web page, the big bikes and full faces made it seem a bit downhill oriented, I assume this is not the case and there will be plenty for the more beginner XC oriented riders as well?

Thanks,
Craig

Maximus182

Likes Dirt
sunday..

Looking foward to the club race on sunday....
It's been a while since we've had one..
hopefully will be a good turn out..
also flynny. do you need my old man's assisstance for anything on sunday??
cheers

thecat

She was a bit confused by the flyer web page, the big bikes and full faces made it seem a bit downhill oriented, I assume this is not the case and there will be plenty for the more beginner XC oriented riders as well?

Thanks,
Craig
We'll be tailoring the day to suit the riders. Most of the girls who have signed up are from XC background. The tracks we are using were used in our State DH but also in our 8hr enduro, so lots of fun but nothing extreme.

We have some absolute beginners signed up and will probably split the group in two after lunch so those looking for more advanced stuff can head off and do their thing while the others can concentrate on nailing the more basic stuff.

The day will probably wind up around 4-4.30.

GrooveJet

Likes Bikes
I'll be bringing my sister who is one of those newbs who's nerves get in the way :( Bonus: She used to be a photographer so we should get some good pix.:D

Oh, hate to ask.....but what's the deal if the weather is poo poo?
Sorry, Im from Newcastle & I don't like water anymore :p

Ace1

Likes Bikes
I was all set to come along, but have been drafted for SES to clean up on the central coast....bloody weather :)

Hope it's a great day and let me know if more are coming up,

Ace1

thecat

Hey all.

We've had some realy crappy weather up here this week but as the old saying goes 'there's always sunshine after snow'. The sun is shining today and the forecaste is looking OK so we'll charge on ahead.

Day kicks off at 10am and should finish up around 4 ro 4.30.

Bring some warm riding gear and wet weather gear just in case.

Lunch will be provided. There is not much in the way of facitlities at the track but I'll crank the BBQ.

Don't forget if you feel confident enough you get a free entry to the DH on Sunday, it's just a clubbie so a bit of fun and nothing serious.

Catch you all there

GrooveJet

Likes Bikes
Hmmmm weather doesn't look too good.

80% chance of rain & a balmy 9 degree max predicted for tomorrow :cool:

Should be, ummm fun:confused:

thecat

Buggar it is raining and we've had a fair bit over night. The tracks drain well but it is wet.

Ace1

Likes Bikes
Hope I can make it to the next one then :)

I spent most of Saturday morning sitting on a roof, trying to stop it from blowing off....then the rest of the dat dealing with two 20ft pines that wanted to fall on some houses...woo hoo!

Ace1

thecat

Hey all.

We are rescheduling the Chix skills day for Sunday the 22nd July.
Same deal as before $30 including BBQ lunch.

We will also be running a Club DH that day on a separate trail. If anyone wants to do a timed run at the end of the day we will organise the timing gear so it can be done on the trail you will be using and will add that to the the race results. Riders wishing to do this will need to be MTBA members or sign a day license, we will cover the cost of the day licenses.

So Hope to see you all there.

I'll update the web page later in the week