Choosing a bike, HELP!

Le toro

Likes Bikes
Im looking at buying myself a freeride bike that i can do a bit of everything from dirt jumping to skateparks/urban and even some trails.

bikes im thinking about are the norco sasquatch and the giant stp 1.

thanks for your help.

btw im 6'2" and weigh 75kg's if that makes a difference.

Juls

Junior Marzocchi Tech
Oh man

Seriously.. I did a reply to this thread yesterday.

PLEASE have a search before posting.

I realise your a newbie..
still.. have a good look dude.

As for those bikes.

The STP and Sassy are different bikes.
the Sassy is a better FR bike, prolly not so good at street. Bit heavy
STP is pretty light ish.. good for street and DJ. Can be trail ridden at a pinch..
DH.. well.. it's alright.
Honestly go ride them, you see what i mean

Kind regards
Juls

Last edited:

trekasaurus

Likes Bikes
try to get your handsa on a connadale gemini 900 sassys are pretty hevey for trail try to save up moe money stps arnd that good build quiltay

MUGEN

Likes Bikes and Dirt
trekasaurus said:
try to get your handsa on a connadalegemini900sassys are pretty hevey for trail try to save up moe moneystpsarndthat good build quiltay
...are you an idiot? i'll bet my arse that sasquatches are lighter than 900's unless its of an xc build. sigh* wat an idiot....

Anywho, like julisere said: Sasquatch = more suited tofreeride/downhill more than dirtjump. Stp = dirt jump street hardtail.Decide which one you do more and getone that suits. simple.

Last edited:

Le toro

Likes Bikes
thanks for all the help guys, im thinking the stp might suite me better coz its lighter but i had a look at the norco 125 and they look pretty sweet!
what kinda price would i look for? and are they worth it

MTBWANNABE

Banned
My friend got an STP 0 for $1400 (rrp $2000) coz they had over stock or sumthing.. look around and ask all the bike shops around you

the Stp1 rrp $1500, so the zero was less and has a fair bit better specs

Kev

Flynn

Likes Bikes
i never knew there was a STP 0.....
but anyway......man just look down one or two threads and u will find a topic with basically the same thing (which i started :))
and it has alot of suggestions......anyway i understand that u r new so no worries
(the topic is called "what bike should i be looking 4?")

stp zero is limited addition and a sexy limegreenish colour. ive seen them retail for $1850 at the lowest and the stp 1 at $1550. im looking at getting the 1 myself.

pete

Fusion

Likes Dirt
Yeah, the STP 0 is a limited edition, but some stores will sell them pretty cheapo. As for the sexy lime green...maybe...

Anyhoo, I reckon you need to get yourself a splendidily new Norco Manik - uber sexy ,but that's just my opinion. You can also get it for a comparable price to the STP 0 if you're lucky.