Choosing your username... THINK before you do it.

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Because if I get one more tool who asks me to change their username because their old username was the name of their bike, and now they don't ride that bike anymore, I will stop changing usernames for EVERYONE.

Actually... I've changed my mind. If you named yourself after your bike (brilliant.), and you want it changed... well... tough luck.

I'm really getting tired of this crap.

Try thinking beyond the next year or two... DO NOT NAME YOURSELF AFTER YOUR BIKE... no matter how great you think it is. :mad: Choose a name that will actually last forever...

I mean, seriously people... am I dealing with five year-olds here?

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Try thinking beyond the next year or two... DO NOT NAME YOURSELF AFTER YOUR BIKE... no matter how great you think it is. :mad:
Is there a warning like that when people are choosing a name while signing up?

I can't remember back that far (and I'm way too lazy to go and check).

Ivan

Eats Squid
Well waaaaay back in '03 when I signed up, and my exposure to internet forums was limited, I put my full name as my username, not realising that the username was also the name I would be posting under.

Needing a little more "privacy" I had to hassle Dom to change it to just Ivan. So I'm not sure if the signup process is the same , but as it was then some sort of warning would have prevented me from making that mistake.

However, anyone who names themselves after there bike deserves to keep that name.

shiznik

Banned
My name was a random splash on the keyboard really, I still cop some shit for it, eg, "atleast my username is actually something real".
I always have a giggle whenever I see a username like - *stp_rider_4life_yo11!* or *supergayracer*.
Are the other mods more forgiving about this common misshap, techno?

Plow King

Little bit.
You don't have to point out that you are a tool.
Alright... Thanks for that...

I wanted to change my name, no-one seemed to have a problem with changing it so I got it changed?

I don't see how I'm a tool...

Ohwell, I'm glad that you got 'You think I'm a tool' out of your system for the 100th time... I hope I helped you vent your anger...;)

Last edited:

norco01

Likes Dirt
Boy how do I wish I thought about my username more when I joined:rolleyes:

Being an un-educated teenager really does have its disadvantages.

cretin...rider

Likes Dirt
Boy how do I wish I thought about my username more when I joined:rolleyes:

Being an un-educated teenager really does have its disadvantages.
yes yes indedy after this tread im piss off i chose what my username to be cretin...rider i don't even ride that anymore :mad: