Christmas 2023: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, the WTF?!?!? & the Schadenfreude.... Show us what you got...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
In the interests of domestic diplomacy, I'd suggest Old Failthful uggies at the shack, new uggies at home.
They new ones are pretty fluffy. Its going to need to be fckn cold to wear them in. New sheep fleece makes them hug my feet, the 12yr old ones are just perfect ;)

ozzybmx

A year or two ago I bought myself new uggies, because the old ones tore the heels out. First few wears, "ooh, these are nice & fluffy & cosy", then ten minutes later, "fuck, my feet are cooking!" but given time to settle in they're comfy as! :D
Emu UGGs are expensive but highly recommended. Fluffy, but wear in, not something I would spend money on but a great present and I wear the fuckers for 6 months of the year when relaxing.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I got an Italian leather wallet and some extra bike parts funds! My other one is somewhere in Deutsche Post's system as I left it in the hotel in Paris and it's still in transit...

teK--

Eats Squid
Got a few things for myself too.. thanks Santa!

1. To the dismay of the mate with an ebike, i replaced some older bike carriers with a second FrontLoader (instead of a towbar and hitch)

20231125_122703.jpg

2. Got clipless curious and decided to go back to them for shits and giggles. Maybe I'll stay a while?

20231216_131140.jpg

3. After hambo'ing into stem lengths and matching them to fork offset, i am going with a 45mm to see how this feels after running 40 for so long. Also increases reach slightly and feels like 1/10 of a NBD... maybe

20231227_125605.jpg

ozzybmx

Is that some sort of thick chainstay protector? It looks a bit like someone sawed through the stay. I suppose that's a zip tie in that spot.
It just looks a bit weird to me. :oops:

Also, do the Hope pedals use SPD cleats, or is there a hope cleat for them?
Pivot point covered in protective tape.

ozzybmx

Hope cleats for their pedals.

You'd think that if pedal manufacturers used a common cleat that was already popular, they would sell more pedals. Especially smaller brands.

Someone already riding Shimano with SPD cleats on 3 pairs of shoes could buy the different branded pedals without having to swap cleats.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
You'd think that if pedal manufacturers used a common cleat that was already popular, they would sell more pedals. Especially smaller brands.

Someone already riding Shimano with SPD cleats on 3 pairs of shoes could buy the different branded pedals without having to swap cleats.
Problem with Shimano is the lack of extra material at the rear of the rear of the cleat. This causes the foot to float and pop out. HT and Hope have both added a little extra to stop this and no random foot popping out of the pedals.

1703743826840.png