Chunt of the year.

limeyfingers

Likes Dirt

limeyfingers

Likes Dirt
May well need his own drug if he gets time. Recons he is the most eligible bachelor, bet he gets a lot of dates in there ( or vise versa )

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, there's this Kiwi who lives down the road from me & has a little cycling website going which I find highly amusing. This is his wrap up as per the thread title, only part of the fun times to be had on his site.

http://dirtynomad.com/dirty-nomad-coty-awards-2015/

Disclaimers: 1. he rides & talks about road stuff as well as dirt, 2. comes with a language warning

As you are all bludging on a long weekend there should be time to go back through some good stuff, enjoy.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
i know lots of truckies . They work hard for their money, I reckon its a shit job even if you like driving.
Most are fat , have poor lifestyles and are curiously jealous of bicyclists hence the roadrage.

stirk

Burner
Driving a truck is a job, likely a shit one too but that's no excuse for this chunt to behave the way he does. What he says is fucking nuts, "we're not allowed to run them over"

Well sometime they do run them over... http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/doctor-he...had-just-arrived-from-uk-20150528-ghc3by.html

I hope he's a minority when it comes to what the majority of truckies are like.

Although most trucks I notice on the road speed and don't consider the conditions should something unusual happen like a red light.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I hope he's a minority when it comes to what the majority of truckies are like.
Probably not.

I know, and am related to truckies. Between the boredom, rampant amphetamine abuse and single digit IQ required to want/need to be a truckie, he's probably the 99%.

My brother in law is a truck driver, because he lacks the intelligence or interpersonal skills to do anything else. My old man is a carrer truckie, been driving for bets part of 50 years, and he's still an arsehat behind the wheel, and my other brother in law, who is a fantastic, generous bloke normally, spends more time on top of/hard against things, or upside-down, in his truck, than actually going anywhere.

Unfortunately even the professional drivers, who treat the job with the due care required, are often forced to do dangerous and stupid shit because of the pressures placed on them buy transport companies and clients.

The Victorian government subsidised the acquisition of HA/HR licences for the terminally unemployable. It was a great success, the unemployment rate dropped dramatically, when positions opened up after the previous job holder was killed by a halfwit in a semi, driving like he was in a commodore.

It is a shit job, that more often than not, attracts shit people.

#nickstevensisachunt

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member

Whatever. Pretend you've not seen the video now watch it with no sound.
For the Australian cycling alliance to be up in arms saying it's dangerous that they got a really minute spray of water (.................on a rainy day) and not consider what the riders are doing in the first place is moronic and contradictive. What a bunch of whiny maggots.
I couldn't care less what stupid law permits cyclists to be in that position, I would never consider doing anything like that.

jarrod839

Banned
As a truck driver i agree and disagree with what your all saying.
The problem is that several years ago there were more registered trucks on the road than drivers and driver shortages in the industry which Mr lindsay fox and the government worked on changing the licensing scheme to make it easier for poeple to get into the industry. Which back fired badly as it opened the door for the curry munchers and cowboys to get in and are now fucking the industry.
Alot of blame is to also go into the companys as shit pay attracts shit drivers driving shit trucks which then creates these halfwits you see or experience on the road.

Im proud to be a truck driver and i work for one of the world's biggest waste and environment companys and our employment process is super tough to weed out all these Muppets.
I do take a hit with my social life due to my hours but in return i get a pretty big pay check at the end of the week and i still have my weekends for riding.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
As a truck driver i agree and disagree with what your all saying.
The problem is that several years ago there were more registered trucks on the road than drivers and driver shortages in the industry which Mr lindsay fox and the government worked on changing the licensing scheme to make it easier for poeple to get into the industry. Which back fired badly as it opened the door for the curry munchers and cowboys to get in and are now fucking the industry.
Alot of blame is to also go into the companys as shit pay attracts shit drivers driving shit trucks which then creates these halfwits you see or experience on the road.

Im proud to be a truck driver and i work for one of the world's biggest waste and environment companys and our employment process is super tough to weed out all these Muppets.
I do take a hit with my social life due to my hours but in return i get a pretty big pay check at the end of the week and i still have my weekends for riding.
You are the 1%....

But yeah, the industry is basically fucked. Has been, for at least a couple of decades.

Just need to look at the likes of Cootes and the basic maintenance/roadworthyness issues of a couple of years ago. Couple a basically unsound vehicle of a minimum 5t tare, with a basically unsound operator chasing $ on the back of a crack pipe, and it's gonna end badly.

#nickstevensisachunt

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is a typical media non-story trying to whip up outrage and fuel the cyclist/motorist war they wish existed.

The trucky's comments are just false-bravado. We've all said we wanna kill someone rhetorically, let's not get all precious that he had genuine intent to kill.

The cycling alliance is pleading for those riders effected to come forward so a complaint can be lodged. I.E., none of the riders involved thought it was a big enough deal to lodge a complaint.

People take the bait and start generalising about cyclists or truckies (like there aren't assholes in both groups).

Cyclists even start questioning the right of other cyclists to use the road.

What's most interesting about stories like this is actually the responses they generate. Stop taking the media bait and save your outrage for something important and maybe ask yourself why you're so quick to hate.

Waleed Aly out.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
This is a typical media non-story trying to whip up outrage and fuel the cyclist/motorist war they wish existed.

The trucky's comments are just false-bravado. We've all said we wanna kill someone rhetorically, let's not get all precious that he had genuine intent to kill.

The cycling alliance is pleading for those riders effected to come forward so a complaint can be lodged. I.E., none of the riders involved thought it was a big enough deal to lodge a complaint.

People take the bait and start generalising about cyclists or truckies (like there aren't assholes in both groups).

Cyclists even start questioning the right of other cyclists to use the road.

What's most interesting about stories like this is actually the responses they generate. Stop taking the media bait and save your outrage for something important and maybe ask yourself why you're so quick to hate.

Waleed Aly out.
Now you're just victim blaming.

#nickstevensisachunt

Freediver

I can go full Karen
as it opened the door for the curry munchers and cowboys to get in and are now fucking the industry.
I'd prefer to have a "curry muncher" behind the wheel than some dumb arsed, shit for brains bogan who doesn't know that "curry muncher" is a racist and offensive term. Fuck me, white truck drivers are stupid.

Sorry Jarod, I just thought I'd say something offensive to make my point.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'd prefer to have a "curry muncher" behind the wheel
Oh man, I don't know about that. Some of the untrained folks that get a gig driving trucks from other shores are really bad and have not ever been taught any sort of respect for the gear or the people around them. They are bloody dangerous.