city rides

Agent Orange

Likes Dirt
hey people, just wondering when you might be hitting up a city ride next....

I used to love em, but i havent been on one in years...i was also a pushy courier for nearly a year so I really get a kick out of traffic mishaps and all that.

But yeh I ride a Balfa 2stepDH which is cut for city ridin and yeh I'm keen as for one in the near future, so yeh sunday and monday nites are always good for me, generally thursdays but thats my 'coupla drinks' nite...
but yeh long story short I am deadly keen to try and break everything on my new bike by doing stupid stuff so yeh ummm..what was my point??

oh yeh when is the next ride?

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Check 'The Watering Hole' forum,

We are trying to make it a weekly thing and are really keen to get the numberes up so come along :)

naz

Criminally Inane
i went last night good funn...
waitin on a new bike so im out for a while

weekly rides

Next one , the new boys there! Can't wait , quick question, does anyone wear f/f helmets? I don't normally but do if going abit crazy , just saved me aswell!

Dan

Rik

logged out
Wear a FF if you have one, it's a confidence booster and a jaw saver!
I'm yet to get a FF, but after seeing a few videos of supermans down staircases, and the resultant teeth lost, I'm saving for one!

Agent Orange

Likes Dirt
yeh i dun wear open face, and after my crash on monday, off a roof and smacked my jaw into my stem, i am keen on F/F, sounds good to me anyway, date and time me boys

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
most people wear open lids but if you wear a ff no-one will hold it against ya.
Just beware, there's a fair bit of pedaling involved throughout the day.

Rik

logged out
Simo said:
a fair bit of pedaling

Not on the Sydney rides, too many people whinge :lol:

And on our rides more than half of us wear FF's, which as I said is good for confidence and safety.

Rik

logged out
I've got no problems with pedalling, especially on my little 24" bmx, but a few of the others (speficially the ones on dual boingers) didn't like the hills at all. I love it though, I need the training.

Agent Orange

Likes Dirt
hills suck, all i wanna do is bust some phat gaps and sum stupid crap, ill wear nothing but boxxers if it pleases me, i just wanna ride, im in sydney anyone wanna try and find sumthing stupid too do?.....
9p.sm wasted as right noiw)

howesy

Squid
Simo said:
yah ok, i think rob officialy confirmed it, if u got a full face, definatly take it, it saved robs head twice!

howesy

Squid
Simo said:
yah ok, i think rob officialy confirmed it, if u got a full face, definatly take it, it saved robs head twice!

john rea

Likes Bikes
i went 2 darling harbour,hyde park and circular quey today and i was sick,there was no 1 there (security guards) this was the first city ride ive done for years and im definatly doing more this week.were do u ride in the city?

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
howesy said:
I'll confirm that. I used every bit of my full face on two awful crashes at that stair-gap in the Rocks.

If I was wearing an open face.... *shudder* :shock:, who knows what damage I could have done to myself? Anything from smashed teeth up to massive facial/head trauma....

If you're riding hard in urban (concrete and ashpalt all around), wear a full face. The consequences of a screw up could easily make you a vegetable.

People have seen me doing stair-gaps before with open face helmets. That was stupid of me. Wear a full face. Don't live the rest of your life regretting not putting one on. It only takes ONE screw up to fuck you up for life. Besides, they make you look more hardcore.

BTW, everybody, I'll be back on the ride's this Wednesday coming up. Sorry for the absence.

Oh, and Blitzem, if you want the best protection for the buck, go to a motocross shop and buy a real MX ff helmet. Not only are they the best protection IMO (they're DOT/street legal - you can't do much better), you can often get a sick looking helmet for less than a MTB counterpart. Oneal helmets are great value for great style. The downside is they're heavier (more swing weight) than MTB helmets so quick side to side movements are tougher. But they'll take impacts that will shatter MTB helmets.