Civic skatepark

Rik

logged out
Damn you Canberries! that looks pretty good.... I wonder how long the 24hr lighting thing will last for though.

Winx

Likes Bikes
Damn all those hooligans that want to ruin the park for themselves.
Might be worth checking out.

BiG BirD

Likes Dirt
i like a lot. its pretty practical unlike the last one that was there it was just a mess. love the spine in the middle. thumbs up to the council.

i think there is going to have to be a weekly city now when that thing is built. no more bitching that there is nothing to do in the city.

Joel O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that looks like a pretty fun park to ride, anyone know when it's expected to be built/finished?

dylma

Likes Dirt
Damn canberrians, that has such a nice layout for a rigid mtb, and it was also had input mtb, now wow, there is the influence and development of mtb'ing all wrapped up :shock:

anfon

Banned
dylma said:
Damn canberrians, that has such a nice layout for a rigid mtb, and it was also had input mtb, now wow, there is the influence and development of mtb'ing all wrapped up :shock:
How?

monosylabik

Likes Dirt
that looks awesome. its a bloody pitty that its gonna b finished beginning of next year. im so sick of the tempory one. its shit house. that spine and those 2 hips look awesome.same with the half pipe. ill b hitting them up :)

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its mainly skater designed, with a bit of BMX input, not naming any names...

There was no MTB related input dylma. read before posting.

and yes, we are lucky. very lucky.

I miss the old mini.

Joel O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i reckon they could still get it done by the end of july because once they do all the digging it only takes a day or two to pour all the concrete then a while for it to set. but then again since the councils building it....

RedPill

Likes Dirt
it looks good but i dunno bout riding it at night a fair few evil looking people in civic and at night. wasnt the last 1 like drugged out n shit?

junior

get out of my grill
so so jealous!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x

night lighting bit scary but if they can get good secuirty around the skate park (ie:fences poles to stop cars) it would be awsome.

why cant we have this in sydney!! dam vert-x closeing down!!

BiG BirD

Likes Dirt
gromet said:

night lighting bit scary but if they can get good secuirty around the skate park (ie:fences poles to stop cars) it would be awsome.

i cant help making you even more jealous but the tuggornoung skate park (the largest outdoor one in the southern hemisphere) has 24 hour lighting so bright you would think it was day time. man i love canberra skate parks. so much safer than sydney and better quality too.

junior

get out of my grill
BiG BirD said:
gromet said:

i cant help making you even more jealous but the tuggornoung skate park (the largest outdoor one in the southern hemisphere) has 24 hour lighting so bright you would think it was day time. man i love canberra skate parks. so much safer than sydney and better quality too.
quiet now!!! making me more jealous than jordan did wit his new XC bike :x
so its the largest in the world??? any 1 got pics of it.
shit i just remembered my parents lived where that huge skate ramp was but they moved just before i was born :x oh u just made my day.