Clarence dam - Water jumping (Not bike related)

bomber

Banned
hahaha that was a good vid........but me n my mates go there a bit... u guys should try doing the rope swing properly. and backflipping stuff more.
with the rope swing u take it right back as far as u can until u can barely hold the rope. my mate goes from the fork in the tree thats up the hill a bit. he goes nearly as high as the branch that the rope is tied to. and he backflips it. as for me i just do those running backflips off the top cliff jump. and the rope swing.
u should try it someday. theen put the video of that on

Hex515

Likes Dirt
The location is in the Blue Mountains.

bomber said:
hahaha that was a good vid........but me n my mates go there a bit... u guys should try doing the rope swing properly. and backflipping stuff more.
with the rope swing u take it right back as far as u can until u can barely hold the rope. my mate goes from the fork in the tree thats up the hill a bit. he goes nearly as high as the branch that the rope is tied to. and he backflips it. as for me i just do those running backflips off the top cliff jump. and the rope swing.
u should try it someday. theen put the video of that on
Sounds awesome. Thanks for the suggestions but I was already scared enough of doing the swing :p . I'd be very interested in seeing and videoing you and your friends doing that stuff... all I'm good for is video due to a broken wrist.

How big do you reckon the big one would be?.... atleast around 10m I'd say.

DEVLIN

Likes Dirt
Haha. I used to jump there all the time. You should try the spot thatis opposite the last dam, I think, or it might be the second lastdam,right from the top. You need to jump out a bit. I hit the water sohard I reckon I got backflushed good and proper!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't do it now though, it has been a good ten years since I have done it and I have grown into a woose.

Another good thrill ride if you have the proper gear is a bridge swingat Knapsack Gully Glenbrook. The two CLIMBING ropes are anchor in tothree spots on one side and then hauled up under the bridge to theother side. You tie in and jump out as far as you can. A bit of bounceoff the bottom and a massive swing. Freefall would be close to 20-25mat least. The last time I did it a tried a swan dive and nearly brokemy back. Needless to say I don't do it anymore. I will try and find thevideo of the jump. They reckon my heels came close to hitting the backof my head. Ouch.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Ha ha.

there use to be a great flying fox set up running from the rock below the car park down behind the big triangle rock opposite the main jump. (you can jump that rock too but have some one check the depth before you do, i've hit the bottom in a couple of places jumping there so take care, 'specialy when diving.)

Oh, and the canyon down the creek is work a look too, but take a wet suit and some short ropes.

BTW, that's the lower Dargan creek dam. there are jumps in the upper dam that are higher, though a bit more dodgy. There are also some nice jumps over at the water works dam.

Last edited:

bomber

Banned
i did a pretty half arse measure job. the top cliff jump at clarence i questimate to be maybe 12 meters.... depending on how you do the rope swing, the biggest i've seen is maybe 17-18 meters.
actually my crazy arse mate climbs up the ladder thats on the tree with the big rope swing. and he jumped from the top of that which is probably around 20 meters or bigger... i've heard bout one further up or something, which is like 100 foot high or something.

thecat

bomber said:
i did a pretty half arse measure job. the top cliff jump at clarence i questimate to be maybe 12 meters....
Crap, we took a tape measure and it was 9.8 meters at the high point to the water with the slip way just over flowing.

the one up the top dam might be around 12 meters.

bomber

Banned
i did say that i did a half arse measuring job though. is it seriously only just 1o meters? meh.
guestimation* my bad on the spelling..
theres a really big one around that area which is apparently 100ft, which is like 30meters or something, but i haven't seen it for myself, so maybe the person is just wackin off over it.
hanging rock is an awesome swing for you blokes talking bout the bridge swings and stuff. i've only heard about, and i would probably enver do it. theres this big over hanging cliff, thingy which is pretty skinny (theres lots of famous rock climbing photos of it) its about 300 meters to the valley floor
well what you do is set up your climbing rope. make it hang down off the edge by about 50 meters. then u set up a safety rope... make it like 70 meters. then u strap it in to your harness and jump off a 300 meter high cliff. you fall for about 50 meters then the rope stretches a bit.
pretty farkin hardcore if you ask me.

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice work putting that together mate, would have been nice if you rode some huffy's to their doom lol.......

thecat

bomber said:
hanging rock is an awesome swing for you blokes talking bout the bridge swings and stuff.
Checkout Timon in the bonus footage on Drift 2

can someone tell me the name of that song and who its by, its a magnificant song

and that movie is farking awesome, that cliff would be etch to jump off

how deep is the water there and is there anything you need to watch out for (eg. crocs) ??

props it was a entertaining movie

cheers