Clinging onto what is left of my youth

fastrider gus

super huck
Slammed zebs.
Aaah forks.. for some reason I just thought of rims when I saw 83..
Chopped zebs would be badass, but I'm not too keen on the 26" wheel in a 27.5" arch look. And I CBF getting a 20/15mm axle adapter made up for the classic hub so I'm limited to 20mm forks.
Manitou or bomber seem to be the only worthwhile options with 20mm and I'm more keen on a black bomber DJ.
I would absolutely love a set of kashima 36 831s but I gave up looking for a set when I was on the hunt a couple years ago.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Manitou Circus are great, and at least used to be low cost and high performance.
They can be 'upgraded' to air spring (coil negative) with a MARS air kit, I think Dougal/shockcraft sell them.
Rumor has it they can also accept RS Solo and dual air spring carts as well, although I have never tried.

New Marz Bomber uses 20mm boost. You will still need a boost rotor adapter.
Holy moly $1400 for a basic DJ fork, from CRC!!
My first Circus was $390 posted 11 years ago... , and second ~6 years ago... all black model from CRC were only $260 on a super sale.(831 was ~ $1200 at the time) now the bomber version costs more that the premium one used to! How have forks gotten soo much more expensive!

fastrider gus

super huck
Oh what? is the current bomber DJ boost? My hub doesn't even have a rotor mount so the brake is not an issue, is the actual axle spacing the same?

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Aaah forks.. for some reason I just thought of rims when I saw 83..
Chopped zebs would be badass, but I'm not too keen on the 26" wheel in a 27.5" arch look. And I CBF getting a 20/15mm axle adapter made up for the classic hub so I'm limited to 20mm forks.
Manitou or bomber seem to be the only worthwhile options with 20mm and I'm more keen on a black bomber DJ.
I would absolutely love a set of kashima 36 831s but I gave up looking for a set when I was on the hunt a couple years ago.

Buy a bomber dj, then get a 26” 36 kashima csu.

fastrider gus

super huck
Buy a bomber dj, then get a 26” 36 kashima csu.
Im assuming that Csu would be just as rare as a complete 831..
It had crossed my mind, press out the stanchions and have them Ti-Ni coated... wouldn't that be naughty

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hub spacings are so fucking stupid...110x15 should have been the same as 110x20 (non-boost from the get go. Well obvious 5mm axle diameter aside.

And why more forks aren't just 20mm axles is a crime to begin with. Nd why aren't there more 26 inch options! Heathens...

I think I've ranted enough now.

fastrider gus

super huck
My previous attempts of tinkering with fox forks was a quick learning curve of just how many different models there are and how incompatible they are with each other. I wouldn't be confident that would fit on a bomber DJ..
I've still got a nos 26" 1 1/8th kashima 36 Csu at home but I had no luck finding the right damper/air spring top cap to suit it.
I do love spending excessive cash on pushes, but if that would work it would create a very expensive little fork!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
My previous attempts of tinkering with fox forks was a quick learning curve of just how many different models there are and how incompatible they are with each other. I wouldn't be confident that would fit on a bomber DJ..
I've still got a nos 26" 1 1/8th kashima 36 Csu at home but I had no luck finding the right damper/air spring top cap to suit it.
I do love spending excessive cash on pushes, but if that would work it would create a very expensive little fork!

Do you mean the air spring piston or the top cap that threads into the schrader valve?

Maybe a Luftkappe might be an option if you need the air spring piston thingy only?