Clipless shoes info

monty60

Cannon Fodder
Hey all,
Quick question on shoes, after a new pair.
Are shimano still tightest fitting, narrowest out there ? (that's what I'm after)
Looking at mo89 possibly xc51. Mostly trail riding/enduro. Will use on road bike for a little training as well.
Any info greatly appreciated.
Michael.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Hey all,
Are shimano still tightest fitting, narrowest out there ? (that's what I'm after)
Looking at mo89 possibly xc51. Mostly trail riding/enduro. Will use on road bike for a little training as well.
Michael.
I just bought some ME7s and they are definitely on the narrow side when compared to my previous pairs of Sidis and 5-10s.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Hey all,
Michael.
Anything to do with XC or Road is always on the thin side of life. Shimano used to offer a (wide fit) range shoe but don't see much around anymore.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Just to throw a spanner in, my Shimano R321 road shoes are probably one of the most generous wide fitting shoes I own.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I have a pair of M089's and also have relatively wide feet too. They are a narrow shoe compared to my non-cycling shoes, but I can't comment on their width relative to other brands of cycling shoes. My feet sometimes get a bit numb but I've worked out that it's usually because I've over-tightened the straps. They're a pretty solid shoe too.

Z

Zaf

With Shimano you need to buy them in their E sizing for wide feet. Admittedly, my shimano E sizing shoes are some of the best fitting shoes I have, but not all models are offered in it. Otherwise, Pearl Izumi trail range of shoes have a generous toe box to them, but I hear if you go into their XC range you get the small sizing issues again, same story for Northwave shoes.

For me, every 5.10 I've worn in a 44.5, Shimano 45E and Pearl Izumi 45's fit my feet really well. I've also thrown on a mate's Specialized Cliplites in a size 45, and they were snug, but not uncomfortable, so if you've got the money they might be another good option on the table. I measure 280mm from heel to toe and about 110mm across the widest part of my foot for reference there.