co2 inflator for Fatbike

rone

Eats Squid
thanks rone,i take it you have been down this road before with a bike very similar, if not exactly the same! has that big green bike with the skinny tyres turned up yet?
Thought it prudent to check. And, expected Tuesday or Wednesday all being well...

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No very scientific, and no proper research conducted. If one canister will do a 700c road tyre to hi pressure, 90-100psi, and do a 26"x2 tyre to over 40psi (in my experience it'll pump a 26" tyre to 'hard', shouldnt a single canister go close to a 26"x4" tyre to around 10psi? Ie 4x volume, 1/4 the pressure?

will2

Likes Dirt
I was looking into making a jig to attach a WD-40 air duster to the valve and inflate tires that way. This way you could control how much you needed and just keep it in your pack for next time. They also can provide 70psi so worth checking out.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
so I tried a little experiment while the rain was hammering down outside, and im still too sore to ride!
deflated rear tyre as much as possible, I guess clost to what it would be if a trail repair was done, not a new tube!
first canister leaves it far from inflated. second canister comes close, but not quite riding pressure..probably would be enough to get you home, but no playing around - just cruising
could take a hand pump to top up, but then you are really starting to fill up the backpack with gear!..hmm!
found some 60g canisters from a home brew supplier, at about $12 each - which is not too bad, if only used for emergency repairs.

MARKL

Eats Squid
Better to find out now than 30km from home or car, as I said before mini floor pump and pray you don't need to us it.