Coffs Downhill 17th May 2009 race day!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Coffs Downhill is back with another quality day of downhill on Mt Coramba on Sunday 17th May 2009. We will be doing the usual morning session with rego at 8am and practice runs thereafter. Timed runs should start around 11am or a bit after depending on numbers.
At this stage I am not 100% sure of which track we will be using as we still have some work to do on the shuttle road to allow use of accessible vehicles. We have done some work on fixing some ruts but more needs to be done so we may even spend an hour filling ruts with rocks on the race day. If all goes t plan we will use the state race track. If not, we’ll use lower track.
Entry is $10 plus $15 for an MTBA day license (unless you are an MTBA member and you show me your current card). We appreciate the help we have received from family and friends of some of our riders so if you want to volunteer some time to help again we’d be forever in your debt!
A recent thread in our section has suggested that both of our tracks suck and are too hard to ride. This is not the case! The State race track has a lot of new lines and is very fun to ride. The lower track is also in great shape and will have new lines in the future so don’t pay attention to the thoughts of one simple minded person who doesn’t appreciate the fun of downhill. The tracks are great, the tracks are fun and the people that participate in our downhill race days are great too! Come along and give it a go!
Just a small reminder: It is a rule that you must wear a full face helmet in downhill competition. We highly recommend that you wear gloves and every ounce of body armor you can. Not only does it make you look cool in a photo, it also saves some pain if you push it a little too hard and come off.
I’ll confirm the exact track we will use before the day so please stay tuned!
Remember to print the attached form and fill it out so we don’t have to do it on the day, thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I would like to see some photos and video footage of the events so if you know of someone willing to come along and do some media stuff please encourage them to do so! There may be a reward involved........;)

Plow King

Little bit.
G'day Dozer.

I'm tempted to try and get a group together and head up for the weekend. Is anyone doing shuttles or anything on Sat?

Chris

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
We haven't got a massive shuttle thing going on here. It is usually a group of mates use one vehicle for private shuttles so I'll have to say no to the shuttle on Saturday thing. There will probably be people there most of the day but I won't guarantee that anyone will shuttle you as we / they wouldn't have any room.
Do you guys have a shuttle worthy car that you can use? If so, bear in mind that the road has got some ruts in it from the rain we've had but a cautious driver in the right car can get through it easy (my two wheel drive Triton ute makes it up in the dry.......).
We are getting the holes filled as we go each weekend but some are bigger than others. You are welcome to come along (and the tracks are prime) and have a ride anytime.;)

Faith3_Nobbi-man

Likes Dirt
Hey Dozer, ill try and make it to this race on time eh?, as for the filming.......leftykonashred could mabey help out, he's not the best or the best equiped but his learning....

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Dozer, ill try and make it to this race on time eh?, as for the filming.......leftykonashred could mabey help out, he's not the best or the best equiped but his learning....
maybe not this time bro, i wanna ride this time yay
finally
when'd you get back jordan
i have some pics from previous rounds as well
oh a dozer you know at iga and stuff how that community benefits things like it gives money to your local club or what not i might look into seeing if Coffs dh have one or the Mtb Club in general

cheers:)

Last edited:

Faith3_Nobbi-man

Likes Dirt
sweet matty, ur riding again, niceee, uve got 305 posts...... ur such a 1+'er....jokes jokes, ill see ya on the w/e if im not hanging out of kira

Last edited by a moderator:

darth rider

Likes Bikes
Gona try and make it down...

I'd planned to stay down for the last race but had to head back up here to start a new job... but I should be right to come down for this one. I can borrow my Bro's box trailer in Safety Beach which would fit about 4 or 5 bikes and I've got a 4WD. I have to work til 1am fri night, so will try and head off early as possible on Sat... or even go straight from work depending on how I feel. Thus if anyone from the G.C. is keen to come down I've got some spare seats, but can only really fit 3-4 bikes on the car on the trip down and back.
I'm rusty as hell, and Mt.C has owned me convincingly in the past but it's about time I re-aquainted (sp?) myself. Hope to see ya's there.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It'd be great to catch up Darth, you offer of the vehicle and trailer may also come in very handy.;)
PM me with some extra details pal.

Sam.

Eats Squid
Im currently injured, but I'm quite interested to make the trip up to Coffs for a round or two later on in the year. I think you may have sent it to me before, but is there an event calender of the club rounds throughout the year?

Faith3_Nobbi-man

Likes Dirt
Im currently injured, but I'm quite interested to make the trip up to Coffs for a round or two later on in the year. I think you may have sent it to me before, but is there an event calender of the club rounds throughout the year?
sorry to hear of your injury man, hope it heals soon, as for the calandar..i dont know, dozer probly has one (thanks for editing my post dozer -.-)
but other than that, the races are always posted in here :), hope u have a fast recovery

prosheep

Likes Dirt
i might make an apperance for you dozer mate nah im keen to get back on good old my c. so hopefully see you this weekend hey.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Just a reminder to everyone to check the directions in my signature to get to the hill. Bruxner Park Rd is still closed so you need to go north on the highway, left into Bucca Rd, left into Central Bucca Rd and right into Mt Coramba Rd.
I'll update the track status later this week.;)

mtbreid

Squid
Hey Dozer, I will be there for Sunday and probably have prosheep riding shotgun as well. I have a 7 x 4 box trailer that I can bring along. It doesnt have any bike racks made up for it though but its there if you think it will be of use. Cheers

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Hmm.. I will be in Port for the weekend, so coming a bit further up to Coffs isn't much of an issue.. However, sounds like there aren't any publically available shuttles, and considering that I'm no longer coming with anyone that I know....

darth rider

Likes Bikes
Hmm.. I will be in Port for the weekend, so coming a bit further up to Coffs isn't much of an issue.. However, sounds like there aren't any publically available shuttles, and considering that I'm no longer coming with anyone that I know....
I'll be there about 12 or so on Sat. I'll bring a box trailer, but it doesn't have bike racks etc, but anyone who wants to shuttle with me is welcome. If there's someone else (besides Dozer) up there we can work something out between us anyway.
What work will you be doing on Sat Dozer? Many hands... :)

P.S. for anyone coming from the North, (locals please correct me if I'm wrong) Bucca rd is just past a little bridge over a creek on the highway (forgotten what it's called..?) and has a small power substation on the Corner. If you get to the Moonee turnoff you've gone too far.