Coffs Downhill 27th November 2010 results!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Coffs Downhil put on another cracking good event on Saturday 27th November with a record number of entries! I was stoked to start nearly forty riders on a bright sunny afternoon on a track that had become as close to perfect as you may get it with the early morning rain “tacking” it up.
We started the day with some whispers of some dudes being on the scene that most people who ride a full suspension bike with knobby tyres have heard about over the last few years. As the morning went on we were graced with the presence of not one world champion but two! The current junior world champ arrived with the Josh Button crew and several mouths dropped! It was great to meet Troy Brosnan and congratulate him on a stellar season. The Button crew had some other familiar faces who helped Josh out with the timing and style cat scoring on the final jump. Some of the more seasoned riders knew they were behind the eight ball when they saw the veteran’s world champ Dean Davies grab the first plate of the starting order and it turns out that he didn’t budge from the hot seat!
Our local guys figured they’d better put their best race run in as they were up against some former Australian team members who said they were here for a fun session but still pinned it and showed what makes a good rider……better. A few guys had their bikes set up to do a chainless race in QLD but since that got cancelled they figured they’d just go chainless here! We had some other QLD riders visit and put some times in that show our neighbor’s from the north are quite quick on our soil.
As the practice runs wound up I spoke to a few guys and they all said the track was pumping. Some of the guys that were just watching mentioned that they may fly back to South Australia just to grab their kit and come back for some runs. They now know that this place never sucks, it is always on!
Josh Button and his crew kindly helped out with the timing at the bottom. As an added bonus the guys added style points for how our entrants hit the bottom jump. Check out your score in brackets in the results.
We had a few guys doing their first ever race and I was stoked to be able to offer some tips. Yeah, it is just another run but this time you need to link your sections and put in a few pedals here and there to grab some better numbers. Those guys all put a time down and were very keen to get into our next race. Top work guys!
A few of the local punters came out of the wood work and supported the regular local riders and even set some good times.
As suggested earlier, it was Dean Davies who took off first and stayed out in front for the entire afternoon. Tim Wynan grabbed second place by the knob’s on his tyre from local Sam Collins. Sam was the last dude out of the gate and it was touch and go as to whether he’d make. He got there and he had a totally different expression on his face than the last time I saw him! Lets just say he needed to go……..bad.
We grouped everyone together on the day so we didn’t have any junior / hard tail / sport category, just hardcore elite.
Well done to everyone who raced. I enjoyed watching the riders enjoying our track and I welcome back for another one as soon as it’s on.
Thank you very much to Ken Murphy for steering our shuttle van all day long. The fuel gauge dipped later in the day but we were saved by some other kind guys who were happy to do some of their own shuttles. Thanks to you too! Thank you also to Al at Ventoux Cycles for the van and the Bromley brigade for the awesome trailer. This sport doesn’t exist without the kind support of those who offer their time so please never forget to just say thanks when you can.
This may be our last race for the year as the weekends are jam packed from here on in. Rest assured it isn’t our last race ever though and we will be back real soon with some new and exciting content. Thank you to everyone who helped out, to everyone who came along and watched and everyone who strapped a helmet on and enjoyed riding in our events. We try to keep it casual and enjoyable so you can benefit from the things that we are happy to offer. Thanks a bunch!
Here are your results good buddies with style points included. Please keep in mind that Josh was timing and hasn’t done it before so we’ll just assume that he is awesome and got it on the money!
Dean Davies 4.04.29 0
Tim Wynan 4.05.02 4
Sam Collins 4.05.19 5
Bryce Sterling 4.06.29 0
Dylan Prohm 4.07.62 4
Lee Wallace 4.09.82 3.2
Tom Moesker 4.10.14 0
Lindsay Klein 4.10.23 4.7
Viv Bore 4.12.61 0
Stu Packer 4.12.62 1
Zac Buckley 4.13.89 7
Troy Bromley 4.16.17 0
Hayden Elks 4.18.58 0
James Price 4.18.70 2.9
Jonathon Nash 4.20.11 5
Peter Young 4.20.89 2
James Murphy 4.21.77 2
Ryley Shultz 4.23.82 1
Robert Towsend 4.26.36 2.8
Jordan Collon 4.28.52 5.1
Michael Houghton 4.30.30 0
Jake Bromley 4.35.11 1
Steven Sloab 4.39.23 5
Lucas Prohm 4.44.52 2.2
Matt Reid 4.52.70 5
Tim Threadgate 4.54.61 5
Jono Plews 4.58.37 1.3
Dub Black 5.03.70 2
Christian Snedden 5.29.92 5
Liam Palaro 5.35.52 5
Trent Caley 5.45.92 5
James Parson 5.50.67 1
Angus Coraine DNF 0
Brad McDonnell DQ 5

Oh and I would love to see the photos that people were taking. Please get in touch with me and I'll hook you up with some goods if you get me a disc with what you have.;)