Coffs Downhill April 19th 2009 race - New track!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Howdy all, welcome to the next event!
Coffs Downhill is staging another race on Sunday 19th April 2009 at the usual venue on Mt Coramba in Coffs Harbour but it is on a different track. We are not using the usual track because the road is dodgy at the moment. We have a new track to use which is called "The Bowl". It starts on the hill after the finish of the State track and finishes down near the cattle grid at the base of the hill. Shuttles will be easier on this track but the track is relatively short and some new lines are yet to be ridden. A lot of the track is open and requires some pedaling so if you like it may suit a hardtail instead of your DH bike. There will be some very fast sections and there is a lot of new soggy off camber stuff so keep your eyes on. There is a section where we need to cross the road so we will need people to listen to instructions on the day of that procedure. We want to run a morning session of practice runs and do some timed race runs closer to lunch time. We will begin rego at 8am with practice runs to follow shortly after that. Timed runs will begin after 11am.
Entry fees will be similar to the usual - $10 race entry plus $15 for a day license (unless you are already an MTBA member which you can become by visiting www.mtba.asn.au).
We will most definitely need a driver for the morning so if your Mum or Dad is keen to save some money and score you a free race entry then please let me know beforehand and I can make you famous on the day.

I've attached a copy of the entry form. There is two copies (one is for riders who have an MTBA license and the other is for those who need a day license). If you could print one out each time you plan on racing and fill it out before you come along that would save some time. I will also require each person who has an MTBA license to present it every time they race or they will have to do the day license thing, rules are rules guys, please bring your card so I know you aren't yanking my chain.
There is some fresh new stuff to get your teeth into so come along and have a blast!
Print out your relevant entry form and fill her out, see you on the hill!

Please remember to read the thread linked in my signature about the Bruxner Park Rd closure. To get to Mt Coramba you need to go north on the Pacific Highway and turn into Bucca Rd. You then turn left into Central Bucca Rd and you arrive at the base of Mt Coramba.

Attachments

Last edited:

ecd08

Likes Dirt
hell yeah cant wait!! hey dozer that is in the holidays right??? do you know what week that is ???? looking forward to it and please if you need any help or you are up there cleaning out the run or shaping it or anything give us a bell and ill be up there as i wasnt up there last time and i need to redeem myself. seeya soon (hopefully) :D

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh yeah hopefully and i say hopefully i will have armour by then and am able to race and hayden its the last weekend in the hols by my calendar
hopefully see you up there:)

darth rider

Likes Bikes
Oh well, seeing I'll be down for Easter I might as well stay the week and ride on the race day. So, (as I mentioned in the Mt. C. runs thread) if you're doing any maintenance I should be available... I might be doing some suspension work on the car at some stage though but otherwise (except in the case of good waves :D) I should be free.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Not compliaing, just wondering why there is such big gaps between the races these days.
If we run a race every second weekend people will get over it and it won't have a good appeal to everyone. It gets quite expensive if we race too often and we don't want (or need....) to over do it.
Remember, if you have a suggestion please put it in the suggestion thread, your ideas will get noticed.

brindog

Likes Dirt
sounds good:)
might come down now since illinbah has been canceled
how many runs would you get in ?

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
might see what i can do while im down there

probly wont be able to race because gotta come back on the sunday to brizzie:(

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
We will be done by around 1pm I'd say. It all depends on numbers and this event may also run a lot quicker because we are using a shorter track with a quicker turn around.

Let me remind you: We are not using the State race trace track, we are using a shorter and newer track further down the hill with a bit more pedaling. I don't want people to show up and have a cry because we aren't using the main track.

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah that'll be sweet if its done by 1pm that'll give me 5hrs to drive home just in time to watch the simpsons:D

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The state track will be open to use as long as you can do the shuttling. The shuttle road is covered in some big ruts so be aware that a good driver and / or a 4wd are necesary.

I am looking forward to riding and having a race on the new track. Some interesting things will come out of it.;)

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am available on Saturday if any building needs doing.
Just let me know before we head over on Friday otherwise I will be enjoying the Bellingen markets!;)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Just bring your entry form and your money along on the morning. We like to have everyone who is racing entered at least an hour before we start race runs at 11am so no one is allowed to sleep in! You just had four days off to sleep in.........;)