Coffs Downhill race 27th November 2010! It's gonna be hot!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Coffs Downhill club racing is on again in November on 27th 2010 on the Mt Coramba track in Coffs Harbour. We may have a couple of nice surprises for y'all so come along and see who may show up. ;) Here are the details that you need to know:
-Entry is $10 plus an additional $15 for an MTBA day license if you aren’t an MTBA member (I need to see your current MTBA card when you register at the event or you’ll be paying the extra $15).
-You must have a full face helmet and correct protection. We recommend body armour, gloves and armour for you legs.
-Practise runs will start a bit after 9am so please print out the form, fill it out and bring your correct money. The entry cut off time is 11am so don’t show up after that expecting to get a start! We will do timed runs around lunchtime.
-We need some volunteers to drive! If you provide a driver you will get a discount on your entry so please contact me before the event to confirm you have a driver.
-Bring some necessary tools, spare tubes etc and some water as it will get pretty warm from now on.
We have some new lines happening which we may use as in the race so keep on the correct track in practice and racing. Don’t cheat and take short cuts because you’ll feel like a mong and everyone will know you snaked lines.
Please don't park your car in the shuttle turning area. I may have amonster truck coming and it'll run your car into the ground.:p

As usual, call me on 0402 078 541 or PM with any questions.

***I will have four spots available at 7.45am on Saturday morning at Ventoux Cycles. I will leave the shop at 7.45am so please confirm with Al (6651 3355) that you are coming up with me. I cannot wait after 7.45am so be there at 7.30am. I have four spots only so be quick! You may have to arrange someone to pick you up from Mt Coramba when we are finished after 3pm.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'll beat Bushpig to the punch and let you know that the weather forecast isn't great for the race weekend with a high chance of rain. As usual, if it rains we won't be doing anything so I'll updat ethe relevant spots the night before or that morning. You are on the email list yeah? You have joined our Facebook page? Good, you'll get the info when you need it in that case!;)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The track is really goo after some of the rain we've had. It feels very grippy and really quick. Some slashing has been done under the power lines at the top so it feels quicker but a little different as it is rougher from the tractor tyre tracks. There is some nice slush before the top jump which makes sure you won't touch your brakes.;)

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Ahem, a little word of advice for y'all. Bring your camera and / or someone to take photos or video. You'll be able to get some media on some guys racing on Saturday that you may have heard about or seen in.....well........everything! ;)

glory14

Likes Dirt
coff dh

keen as to racing no to keen that i wont be able to pedal
can we please run the race for the top of the fire road and then cut in please

Last edited:
Today's race !!

Hey Dozer,,
thanks for the race today and thanks to everyone who helped make it possibly and to josh button for the time keeping !!!!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Thanks for coming along guys. We had our biggest field yet and everyone left pretty happy! Thanks very much to Ken and our other shuttle drivers. I'll have the results online shortly!

Viv92

Eats Squid
Cheers for the race Dozer. Keep being awesome.

10 bux for a race on that track is the best deal out. :D