Coffs Downhill race Saturday 16th October 2010!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Coffs Downhill club racing is back! We’ve had some setbacks since our last race in October last year but now the system is online again and ready to rock. We’ve scheduled our first race for Saturday the 16th October 2010 on the Mt Coramba track in Coffs Harbour. Here are the details that you need to know:
-Entry is $10 plus an additional $15 for an MTBA day license if you aren’t an MTBA member (I need to see your current MTBA card when you register at the event or you’ll be paying the extra $15).
-You must have a full face helmet and correct protection. We recommend body armour, gloves and armour for you legs.
-Practise runs will start a bit after 9am so please print out the attached form, fill it out and bring your correct money. The entry cut off time is 11am so don’t show up after that expecting to get a start! We will do timed runs shortly after 12pm.
-We need some volunteers to drive! If you provide a driver you will get a discount on your entry so please contact me before the event to confirm you have a driver.
-Bring some necesary tools, spare tubes etc and some water as it will get pretty warm from now on.
-We will try to have a BBQ cranking after the race!
We have some new lines happening which we may use as in the race so keep on the correct track in practice and racing. Don’t cheat and take short cuts because you’ll feel like a mong and everyone will know you snaked lines.
I'm also throwing an idea out there where you guys can bring your bike parts that you have for sale along with you and some cash so you can buy, sell or trade parts with other people. I have some good gear for sale which I will happily sell on site to those interested. Check my garage sale link in my signature.;)
We have a date set for the following race day which is the 27th November 2010. This info will be updated as it happens!
As usual, call me on 0402 078 541 or PM with any questions.

***I will have four spots available at 8am on Saturday morning at Ventoux Cycles. I will leave the shop at 8am so please confirm with Al (6651 3355) that you are coming up with me. I cannot wait after 8am so be there at 7.47am. I have four spots only so be quick! You may have to arrange someone to pick you up from Mt Coramba when we are finished after 3pm.

Last edited:

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
long term weather forcast doesnt look good... Will we be racing regardless of the weather?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
long term weather forcast doesnt look good... Will we be racing regardless of the weather?
Stop looking at the weather bushy, you're bloodywell jinxing me!:p As usual, if it pisses down and the place will be soaked and the road will be very dicey so we'd postpone it.

ecd08

Likes Dirt
hmm. im lliking coffs now again. yay. yes dozer im pretty sure my dad will be able to do shutles on the day but i will let you know at a later date. and dozer just a question..... are we going to have the club champsd from last year or are we just going to go straight through to this season??

cheers
hayden

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Stop looking at the weather bushy, you're bloodywell jinxing me!:p As usual, if it pisses down and the place will be soaked and the road will be very dicey so we'd postpone it.
Nah mate, weatherman loves the troppo weather! I'll see if I can come over that weekend. If it is postponed is there any possibillity of putting it on the fortnight after? Work would appreciate it is all ;)

cheers ;)

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am soo keen at the moment for a timed run on the mean orange stinky thing. cool
Dozer if im there i wont be able to get there until around 10:30 deadlines 11 so yes.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It is supposed to rain most of this week and most of Saturday. I'm not keen on running an event in the rain as it turns everything you touch into a mess (paperwork, number plates, timing gear etc). I am also concerned that the road becomes very slippery and I like to avoid having the shuttle vehicles slide off the hill. The track is fun to ride in the wet but it is also damn dangerous to ride for a race run when it is wet. Saying that, it does teach you to stay off your brakes!
At this stage, the race is on. It will more than likely turn into a couple of hours of paid shuttles if it is too wet to race. If it is good enough we will race as usual.
The middle section (formerly known as the table top, now called The wasteland) has a line through it. It stays to the bottom edge and has a couple of hard rocks in it to limit the amount of slush you'd have to ride through. Hit it smooth and roll out of it.;)

I rode the track on Saturday and it was fine so we'll cross our fingers for Saturday!

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is supposed to rain most of this week and most of Saturday.

I rode the track on Saturday and it was fine so we'll cross our fingers for Saturday!
Elders recons 5% chance of less than 1mm on saturday mate. ;)

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Elders recons 5% chance of less than 1mm on saturday mate. ;)
Thats better Bushy! A bit of positive input!;)
Like I said, the race is on until I say otherwise. I'll make the call early that Saturday morning so keep an eye on this thread and the Facebook page (add Coffs Downhill as a friend).

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I will have four spots available at 8am on Saturday morning at Ventoux Cycles. I will leave the shop at 8am so please confirm with Al (6651 3355) that you are coming up with me. I cannot wait after 8am so be there at 7.47am. I have four spots only so be quick! You may have to arrange someone to pick you up from Mt Coramba when we are finished after 3pm.

ecd08

Likes Dirt
awesome. so its a go ahead as of today but if we get too much rain the race will be cancelled but there will be paid shuttles is that correct?? and is there a time sheet like when practise starts, finishes and time starts and finishes and how the categories will be arrranged?? thanks in advance

hayden

Jack456

Likes Dirt
I really wanna ride this week end if my frame gets here but I need a 150mm x 12mm rear wheel, has anyone got one I can borrow?

Dug

Likes Dirt
I really wanna ride this week end if my frame gets here but I need a 150mm x 12mm rear wheel, has anyone got one I can borrow?
I can bring one up if your realy in need mate. Its one of my old double wides and a bontrager hub heavy but blody tough and if you stuff it I wont be too upset....Only beat you slightly about the head.........:cool:
If you want me to bring it up Ican

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
awesome. so its a go ahead as of today but if we get too much rain the race will be cancelled but there will be paid shuttles is that correct?? and is there a time sheet like when practise starts, finishes and time starts and finishes and how the categories will be arrranged?? thanks in advance

hayden
Practise will start a bit after 9am. we will do race runs a bit before 1pm. I am fairly sure we will have a good turn out so we want everyone to get enouigh runs in before doing two timed runs.
There is two categories. The open category is for riders who are fast enough to get down the hill competitively (the fast group). The other category is sport. This is for juniors and riders know to the sport who want to race but don't want to get caught by a quick rider on their race run.
The forecast is for rain on Thursday and Friday with a clear day on Saturday. I will only cancel the race if it is raining. If it is raining I won't be going up there at all. If it is wet and good enouigh to do shuttles we will work something out on the day.

ecd08

Likes Dirt
sweeeeet.
cheers for clearing that up dozer. mum wants to come and watch us this time. i am prayying for the gods to keen the water for another 4 days haha. ill see you up there if shes a go-er

Jack456

Likes Dirt
I can bring one up if your realy in need mate. Its one of my old double wides and a bontrager hub heavy but blody tough and if you stuff it I wont be too upset....Only beat you slightly about the head.........:cool:
If you want me to bring it up Ican
Yeesss please that'd be awesome. Im still not sure if my frame will come before the week end so Ill let you know on friday. Thanks heaps.