Coffs Harbour's own riding section on Farkin

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
G'day people,
I have found the need to have a section made on farkin that can be the source for the discussion on all topics relating to our area. With this section, we can put our ideas forward and plan things in an appropriate way. The information that people put forward can be viewed by all and input can be submitted to develop our great area.
Some of you may have already been thinking this...........Coffs Harbour and our surrounding areas are MTB heaven! I can safely say that some really good things will happen in our area in the coming years and it is great to be part of it! Not only is DH becoming more popular, XC and enduro are beginning to boom also. I am hoping that the people involved with any form of MTB in our area can jump onto Farkin, sign up as a new user and have a look at our Coffs Harbour section to get some great information and leave their feedback and ideas. Members can plan their next ride here, we can plan our next maintenance day, we can discuss things to improve our trails and we can discuss any relevant topics.
Please keep in mind that this section is not a chat room (for example, it isn't MSN or Yahoo chat or myspace). Please don't babble irrelevant garbage as it isn't what this section is intended for.
It is only new but as time goes by we will have an area to openly discuss the happenings in our area and make things happen.
Enjoy the ride!:D

Last edited:

bigkevthumper

Likes Dirt
Working bee day

I was just thinking that we should get another big working bee day again up at mt coramba. Something like what we had the weekend befor the race.There are a few holes in the track and berms that need fixing up etc and if we get a big crew up there then it should get done alot faster.;)
If you think this is a good idea i can arrange some people that will actually help out and do some work.

cheers kev

billyrockcruz

Likes Dirt
Coffs Area

Hey Dozer, I often travel over the Coffs from Tamworth at least 4-5 times a year as i have family their. I always take my bike when i go as the first ride is down the Dorrigo mountain, those that know the dorrigo run will know which one i mean, it has been repaved over the last 2 years and is super smooth, i have ridden down it twice on my stp1 and wicked is all i can say.

I have also ridden that single walking track that runs beside the river which goes through town and i am unsure if you know of it, but one day i was riding through this single track and out of the corner of my eye i spotted some bright tan clay in a pile, because it was lush green everywhere at the time it sorta stuck out.

So i enter into this over grown trail area, and what did i find. Their were two huge pits dug out and 4 transition lips with 2 jump pits dug into the ground.

Way to narley for me to ride, but dam, some BMX boys had done a great job.

So what street stuff do you have other than what was obvious to me when i cruised around?

cheers.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Hey Dozer, I often travel over the Coffs from Tamworth at least 4-5 times a year as i have family their. I always take my bike when i go as the first ride is down the Dorrigo mountain, those that know the dorrigo run will know which one i mean, it has been repaved over the last 2 years and is super smooth, i have ridden down it twice on my stp1 and wicked is all i can say.

I have also ridden that single walking track that runs beside the river which goes through town and i am unsure if you know of it, but one day i was riding through this single track and out of the corner of my eye i spotted some bright tan clay in a pile, because it was lush green everywhere at the time it sorta stuck out.

So i enter into this over grown trail area, and what did i find. Their were two huge pits dug out and 4 transition lips with 2 jump pits dug into the ground.

So what street stuff do you have other than what was obvious to me when i cruised around?

cheers.
I know the jumps you are talking about, I rode past them twice a day! They are a sweet set and they are well maintained. I'm not sure if the land owners know about them but I can safely say that they keep it nice and tidy there.
As for street stuff, I'm not too involved with that scene but there is a handful of dirt jumps around town. Some of the people who use them and dig there don't want them too public so PM me and I'll help you out with who to talk to.;)

Boostpig

Likes Bikes
Race meats

Is their any club races that happen on the mountain through the year or isnt their enough people?????:(

bigkevthumper

Likes Dirt
Is their any club races that happen on the mountain through the year or isnt their enough people?????:(
Nah mate its just more social riding.
There is a club but it is made up of mostly xc riders so they dont want to ride dh (If ur smart you might think of the work im thinking)
There is one state round during the year and that normally happens around the june lone weekend i think?

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt

cheers.
G'day mick this is mick.
Come check out the race in june!

Faith3_Nobbi-man

Likes Dirt
We should create a social group for people who ride in the coffs area, that would be awsome....

and does anybody know when round 4 is on?? i have no clue. and could we try and set a building day, me and a few mates a realy keen to come and help out up on the mountain....ill see ya when im lookin at ya.

oh, and please PM me if u have any info on any of my questions as i will probably forget to look back on this page..