Coil in Pikes and rear coil shock in Spitfire

Flip666

Likes Dirt
Got a set of pikes the other day for a hardtail build, and came across a coil changeover kit for pikes.
Wondering if anyones had any experience with them, any good etc?

Also have been wondering Wether to change to a coil shock on a Banshee Spitfire.. Anyone done it and does it work well with its suspension design?
Currently running the ccdb air Cs

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ideate

Also have been wondering Wether to change to a coil shock on a Banshee Spitfire.. Anyone done it and does it work well with its suspension design?
Ezkaton liked his coil I think. There's a few Spitfire PYR's running coils on here. Just do it.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I run a coil on my rune and would never go back to air. It even tracks better on rough techy climbs. Perfectly suited to the suspension design imho

Do it

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Yep, CCDB Coil on a Rune too, heaps gooderer than the DBair. Spitty should be exactly the same, as long as you're not worried about the weight penalty.

Sent from my HTC_M9u using Tapatalk

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Coil was great on the Spitty.

Knocked the weight up a fair bit with the steel spring, but the improved small bump compliance and rear wheel tracking was so good.

Flip666

Likes Dirt
Awesome, now what's good value? And do they need to be tuned internally to bike/rider weight or is the spring the only variable?

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Awesome, now what's good value? And do they need to be tuned internally to bike/rider weight or is the spring the only variable?

Spring is only for your preload/sag, much like your air shock air pressure.

Damper works on the same principal as in an air shock. If you go down the route of a CC DB (even and iL) or DHX2 you will have HSC/LSC and HSR/LSR adjustments available. So unless you are a total sparrow fart or a complete fat bastard, you wont need a custom tune. You will need to set it up to your liking tho.

FWIW, the CC Coil iL is a great coil choice for a trail bike being relatively light and small. Do youself a favour and fit the OPT bar remote for the climb switch..... Best...thing...ever! PS. but don't bother with the Valt spring in short travel. It weighs the same as the standard springs.

Flip666

Likes Dirt
Spring is only for your preload/sag, much like your air shock air pressure.

Damper works on the same principal as in an air shock. If you go down the route of a CC DB (even and iL) or DHX2 you will have HSC/LSC and HSR/LSR adjustments available. So unless you are a total sparrow fart or a complete fat bastard, you wont need a custom tune. You will need to set it up to your liking tho.

FWIW, the CC Coil iL is a great coil choice for a trail bike being relatively light and small. Do youself a favour and fit the OPT bar remote for the climb switch..... Best...thing...ever! PS. but don't bother with the Valt spring in short travel. It weighs the same as the standard springs.
Thanks, I'm only 70kg's ringing wet.
Was thinking the cc inline or db much difference between the 2?
There is a inline for sale off a reign that could be of interest.

Flip666

Likes Dirt
A mate has an enduro with the inline coil with bar mount Cs and absolutely loves it in all aspects.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Agree Enduro w coil is a great up grade if the weight doesnt matter.
Coil fork too no mucking around w shock pumps.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Slighty off topic but a mate got confirmation from cane creek the the helm air fork can be converted to a helm coil using a kit available directly from them in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk