Colour my Commencal

willsy01

Eats Squid
I have recently aquired a 2012 Meta Am frame courtesy of one BigHair (muchos gracias sir). It's in great nic aside from some shoe scuffs and the general wear and tear of a bike that's been used as the offroad cycling gods intended. This rig is going to be a long termer so I figure I may as well customise it a little. Craved Coatings out at Penrith get a good rap and apparently have a pretty huge colour library so I daresay they'll be given the job.

That said, fire some colour suggestions at me. To give an idea of what will be screwed onto it......white 2013 Fox Float fork w/Kashima, Kashima rear shock of some decription, Flow EX wheels, black stem, black Haven bars, silver M785 XT brakes and a primarily Saint 1x10 drivetrain.

So......go forth and colour me.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
all white, then a few blue anodised bits to tie in with the fork knobs?

white meta's look good, although i might be biased...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Go chopsticks "purple"........Nothing like a pink bike to rub your surly manliness in everyones face. I did see a pink meta somewhere, actually looked pretty sweet.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Hit it with matt black from a rattle can. Bit of that stuff on a commodore makes it go like stink, would probably work on a commencal.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
As above:

vip_meta_amPINK.jpg

Green is awesome too, brights really suit the Meta in my irrelevant opinion:

vip_meta_amGREEN.jpg

Matte Black with gloss black decals is always a winner.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anodized black fo sho! Would be so badass. Otherwise definitely pink/purple as above.

That build will be sick, Saint could be overkill though?

Last edited:

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2nd on the matte black! would look really nice with the kashima. Even better if you could paint the fork lowers matte black too - with gold fox sticker kit. Finish it off with gold Bolts/nuts to go with the kashima.

Last edited:

0psi

Eats Squid
Matt black. Pain in the arse to keep clean but looks schmick as.

Or you could just go for fuck yea bling and nickel plate it along with you fork lowers.

willsy01

Eats Squid
Matte black is an option yes........i'm also a little taken by the yellow they've used on the 2013 Meta SX

jackass'd

Likes Dirt
Would you consider colouring the rear triangle different to the body as oposed to one total solid colour?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Yellow and black for that sweet, sweet perfectly ripe :Banane16: look.

Ditch the white forks unless you're going white, any colour frame with black every thing else is THE look.

Nice frame mate, just wondering though will you be 2 pack painting it or powdercoating?
BTW matte black frame, black or dark rims with bright green cables, seat and grips.