DH Commencal Dh mini. Re-build.

who...?

Likes Dirt
As some of you may know by now i tend to re-build and re-spray all my bikes. (See link below.)

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...inished-build.-28-11-09&highlight=pretty+pink

So last christmas i picked up a commencal supreme DH mini second hand and have been waiting for some spare time to take it apart and give it a full re-spray as i really did not like the greeny looking colour of the factory paint.
I also thought i would take it a little bit past the frame this time and im giveing the hubs, dropouts, rims, chainring, bars, stem and links a new coat of paint as well as a few others.

I am also in luck as i have worked for a powder coaters for the last 4 years and i do all the sand and soad blasting so i do get to do most of my bikes on the very cheap an with out stuff ups as i do the hole process for stripping to powder coating my self.

So anway back to the build, i have just finished the frame so i thoight i would post up some pics as im going along with the build.

So this was the bike when i first received it.

An now a sneak peak at the new colour. (Precious steel pearl.)

Also a shot of the shock.

As i get more parts finished i will update. I do have to buy some new parts as well but i will get a spec list up as soon as i can.

Hope to here some comments guys and girls.

Cheers Matt.

davo808

Likes Bikes and Dirt
frame looks great man, not a fan of the coil tho.. just a Ti spring would have looked better I reckon.
keen to see the end result, keep us posted

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
Subscribed... definitely keen to see how this build turns out.

Unrelated to this thread, but would love to know where you got the crown valve caps that are/were on the Shred.

who...?

Likes Dirt
Hey cheers guys.

Hopefully i will have some more parts painted up tomorrow depending on how i go with time at work.

Subscribed... definitely keen to see how this build turns out.

Unrelated to this thread, but would love to know where you got the crown valve caps that are/were on the Shred.
I picked them up at one of my LBS but im pretty sure CRC sells them or maybe it was one of the Australian online stores i cant remember now but just have a look around.

Cheers Matt.

who...?

Likes Dirt
Does the pearl shimmer as you look along it?
Um yeah a little bit as it only has a silver flake in it but if it had a gold and silver flake it would be a lot better.

Well i got some more parts finished this afternoon, im just hoping the colour i have picked dose well with the steel pearl and the white.

Ok so heres some pics of the hubs, rear links, drop outs, front chain ring and head tube sleeve (adjustible head angle.) All in electric orange. Photos dont really show the colour to well.

Well i dont have much to do tonight so i might put the hubs back togeather and also get the links back in the frame with the shock and post some more pics tomorrow or later to night.
Lets just hope the orange looks good.

Cheers Matt.

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
.. Lets just hope the orange looks good.

Cheers Matt.
Out of interest, what sort of prep do you do before you start repainting? For example, have you just picked out a few colours and thought, "yeah these would look rad together"?

Or have you done something more comprehensive, like played around with the colours on photoshop or similar?

who...?

Likes Dirt
Out of interest, what sort of prep do you do before you start repainting? For example, have you just picked out a few colours and thought, "yeah these would look rad together"?

Or have you done something more comprehensive, like played around with the colours on photoshop or similar?
Hahaha well i am no good at photoshop so i just start with one colour say like the frame and then i just think ohh yeah ill add some orange or yellow or blue or what ever colour i think will look really good.

With this bike tho i knew i wanted to do something orange so i just had to pick my base colour/ frame colour to go with it.

who...?

Likes Dirt
Ok so after a good feed of jack daniels and fish and chips i got stuck into putting the bike back togeather with what parts i have ready.

I just wish i could take good photos as these really dont do the bike any good.

Ok so let me know what you all think good or bad i dont care and any improvements i can make.
Im hopeing that i will get some more parts painted up next week and also im hopeing to order the new parts i need within the next 2 weeks.

Cheers Matt.

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
Hahaha well i am no good at photoshop so i just start with one colour say like the frame and then i just think ohh yeah ill add some orange or yellow or blue or what ever colour i think will look really good.

With this bike tho i knew i wanted to do something orange so i just had to pick my base colour/ frame colour to go with it.
Hahah nice. If it was me, I'd spend forever learning how to use photoshop just so I could tweak colours and stuff. That said, I'm always looking for a new way to procrastinate :D

Amazing idea ... horrible taste in booze :p

who...?

Likes Dirt
Hahah nice. If it was me, I'd spend forever learning how to use photoshop just so I could tweak colours and stuff. That said, I'm always looking for a new way to procrastinate :D

Amazing idea ... horrible taste in booze :p
Yeah i dont drink wild turkey. I just had the stickers sitting in my tool box so i thought why not there only stickers.