Commutercycle

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just finished building (it's taken a year) my ghetto, stealth, commuter bike. One brake, singlespeed, and pretty much completely black.

Frame o8' Giant Rincon (Matte black rattle job)
Fork Commencal Rigid's
Brake Shimano Frankenbrake (Combo of an old 80's V-brake lever and Shimano Mech Caliper)
Cranks Truvativ Hussefelt
Pedal DMR V8
Bars Commencal
Stem Commencal (Upside down)
Tyres K-rad's

Didn't cost me too much, roughly $90 all up. It's made up of spare parts, and the bike started off as my first MTB 2 years ago. I look forward to riding it to school most days next year :)

Last edited:

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Hell yeah! That thing rules. For $90 it's perfect! I reckon you should whack some narrower tires on there for a bit less rolling resistance, but it looks sweet at the moment!

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hell yeah! That thing rules. For $90 it's perfect! I reckon you should whack some narrower tires on there for a bit less rolling resistance, but it looks sweet at the moment!
Cheers, Yeah I've been contemplating it, maybe like a 1.9 slick. I'll have to wait till I've fixed my 2 other bikes and have some spare money lying around haha.

Matt H

Eats Squid
Nice, the only thing I don't like is the way the fork stands out. IMO you should spray it as well...

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Man that would be fun to pin around the city. Simple bikes like that are so much fun. Matt black on the forks and it'd look better but who could be fecked.

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Plans were to spray the forks as well, but like Adamski said, I couldn't be f-ck-d haha. I'll get to it sometime soon.

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Nathan, you could just peel the sticker off and same them with a fine grit sandpaper to take off the gloss finish. Wouldn't have to repaint it then!

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Nathan, you could just peel the sticker off and same them with a fine grit sandpaper to take off the gloss finish. Wouldn't have to repaint it then!
Haha yeah. Commencal like to clear coat over their stickers though! I'll probably just sand them down a bit and spray them. Can't wait till next Tuesday!

RONEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thats the beast you told me about.. love it mate.. you've done a hot job of that rincon

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers for the positive comments guys. Also thanks to my mate Dom who through in some smaller things for free.

domtigani

Likes Dirt
Yeah yeah! Oi post your tramp bike for shits and gigs, I'm tempted to post tiny bike :)
That video's got me thinking.
Bike looks sweet, but feel free to hit me up with $40 anytime soon!
Sure you don't want the pedals? And I'll swap you the chainring off my boulder if you want. If it's black, I'm not sure.

Shredden

Knows his goats
That bike is awesome man, do you mind if i use the same idea to make a commuter for myself?
If you do, I've got a frame you could have. Pretty sure its a rincon.

EDIT:

Actually, just make your anthem X0 singlespeed, and give me the X0 derailer. :)