component upgrade or new bike

frags

Squid
Hi all
Curious to see what you think is the better more cost effective solution to a better ride. Currently have a Jamis trail X3 2009 which cannot currently handle the type of riding I would like to do eg. drops, small jumps etc standard trail riding / tech. so I am considering upgrading some of the components to make it a better ride or should I just get a new XC bike ? any feedback of your thoughts and recommendations of parts to upgrade or quality XC bikes that ride well and are durable would be great.

thanks
Matt

HARDTAIL_DC

Likes Dirt
One easy upgrade would be new bars and stem. Getting some wider, more comfortable bars and shorter stem does make a big difference in controlling the bike, so it should help the bike ride better. New tyres should help the bike ride better to. You might like some new wheels if the ones you have currently dont hold up to the jumps and drops your doing aswell.

Also, I did have a bike like yours (Avanti Atomic) and then upgraded to a norco bigfoot which loves the jumps and drops and can still pedal back to the top! :p Buying the bigfoot has defiently made a difference to my riding skill but really its up to you if you want to buy a new bike.