Compression ajuster on 08 pike 426

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
Can the handle bar cable set up be remove and a normal ajuster be fitted to make it like a boxxer. Or can you just remove the spring in the ajuster that returns it back to zero.
Want to make it same a boxxer, dont need to ajust on the fly but want to give it some more low speed compression.

MARKL

Eats Squid
If you have the poloc fitted it uses a different cartidge for the compresion adjustment - spring loaded compared to the standard one. You will need to either refit the original cartidge if you bought the fork aftermarket or if it was original equipment with the poploc you will need to buy the original style cartidge. The original cartridge has a small lever for the adjustment.

I had a set of Pike 426's that I fitted the poploc to with the remote compresion adjustment, so I have done the reverse modification as to what you want.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
The return spring can infact be removed from the Pop-Lock MC catridge to make it adjustable via the fork dial.

Using the SRAM guides to help (man, this is deja vu hey Jez?), remove the Motion Control catridge and remove the return spring which is housed inside the red 'swiss cheese' looking part.

This mod is fully reversable also.

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
The return spring can infact be removed from the Pop-Lock MC catridge to make it adjustable via the fork dial.

Using the SRAM guides to help (man, this is deja vu hey Jez?), remove the Motion Control catridge and remove the return spring which is housed inside the red 'swiss cheese' looking part.

This mod is fully reversable also.
Thanks thats what I wanted to hear. Have had WC catridges apart so understand how they work. Just thought I,d see if it was possible to do before striping it down.

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks thats what I wanted to hear. Have had WC catridges apart so understand how they work. Just thought I,d see if it was possible to do before striping it down.
Hehe. I'm the Jez Ango's referring to!
Yes, it's possible. I was reluctant to do this as I'd read the spring couldn't be put back in, potentially ruining the possibility of running a remote lever again.
Turns out, it can.
What you might want to do is consider buying (at an outrageous $50) the blue aluminium top cap assembly (it's hard, but not impossible to set compression damping where you want it with the remote version cap).
Some bike shops have the older, cheaper plastic top cap assemblies from their spare parts bins, so rig around a bit, too.

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
All good removed the return spring today. Set the compression and flood gate to my liking and no more bob and dive.