Condition of Helensburgh at the Mo?

mtb1611

Seymour
Greetings. Anyone done any XC riding at the 'Burgh of late? I haven't been there for a couple of years and was thinking of heading over there in the hols. Does anyone have any reliable (ie: first-hand) info as to the condition of the tracks? Cheers.

mtb1611

Seymour
Bump. Come on, someone must know something about the 'Burgh! I'm not askig you to reveal secret trails (I already know all the trails around there), just wnna know if it's currently worth the trip out.

DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Likes Bikes
hey, only done recently from train station , head nth crosses train line via bridge then fire road leading to to the expressway mainly uphill with some nice overgrown fire rd dh sections(for a cc bike) . Once at the expressway we usely head under it then along the red roads (fire rd ) all the way to the gong i have heard that the dump area is still visited by cc riders. Also theres a few fire rds you can ride west of the burgh which lead out and around darksforest and over to the appin rd with a nice creek crossing

mtb1611

Seymour
hey, only done recently from train station , head nth crosses train line via bridge then fire road leading to to the expressway mainly uphill with some nice overgrown fire rd dh sections(for a cc bike) . Once at the expressway we usely head under it then along the red roads (fire rd ) all the way to the gong i have heard that the dump area is still visited by cc riders. Also theres a few fire rds you can ride west of the burgh which lead out and around darksforest and over to the appin rd with a nice creek crossing
Hi mate. Yeah I know where all the trails are, just haven't been there for a couple of years so was wondering what condition they're in. Sounds like you ride there a bit though and I guess you wouldn't if the trails were dodgy, so cheers for the advice!

Plow King

Little bit.
I used to live there and cleared out/fixed up afew of the trails...

If you're ever bored one weekend there is a great xc/light freeride loop that starts at the top of the ridge with afew rock roll ins and such. Its abit overgrown and there are afew different trees that are on the track but with some work it can be up and running again.