Considering a banshee phantom. Why shouldn't I?

clockworked

Like an orange
So ive got a 120mm fork and the rest of a bike to fit 29er trail bike. Which 120mm 29er should i get? I want something more trail than xc, but also more trail than enduro.

I had planned on buying a hei hei frame, but they're sold out for this year. My LBS also does banshee, which is why i was considering the phantom, but thats about as far as I've gotten. Suggestions?

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
So ive got a 120mm fork and the rest of a bike to fit 29er trail bike. Which 120mm 29er should i get? I want something more trail than xc, but also more trail than enduro.

I had planned on buying a hei hei frame, but they're sold out for this year. My LBS also does banshee, which is why i was considering the phantom, but thats about as far as I've gotten. Suggestions?
Good bike if you like 29ers.

Very good.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
just asked similar question in the short travel hucksters thread...

only come up with the following thus far (not to buy a Banshee):

1. lack of water bottle cage inside front triangle
  2. colour schemes stuck in the early 2010s
  3. some questionable forum members ride Banshees

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
just asked similar question in the short travel hucksters thread...

only come up with the following thus far (not to buy a Banshee):

1. lack of water bottle cage inside front triangle
  2. colour schemes stuck in the early 2010s
  3. some questionable forum members ride Banshees
Some!? All of the questionable forum members ride Banshees. @pink poodle isn't questionable, everyone knows what he is.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Buy it.
Or buy a Process 111 if they'er a Kona dealer. Hopefully if you get one, law of injustices will mean they'll release the new Carbon one they should have done two years ago! Unfortunately, it means you'll be taking one for the team.
Didn't the 111 get killed off 2 years ago?

clockworked

Like an orange
Buy it.
Or buy a Process 111 if they'er a Kona dealer. Hopefully if you get one, law of injustices will mean they'll release the new Carbon one they should have done two years ago! Unfortunately, it means you'll be taking one for the team.
Is the process 111 still available?!

clockworked

Like an orange
The phantom is pretty similar to the hei hei and the following, but it does have longer chainstays, and the few reviews online say its a bit slow and heavy. Has anyone actually ridden one?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There may be new Kona's coming, whether that includes a 111 I'm not too sure.
New 134 is certainly on its way

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
The phantom is pretty similar to the hei hei and the following, but it does have longer chainstays, and the few reviews online say its a bit slow and heavy. Has anyone actually ridden one?
Yep, had one. Heavy they aren't, nor are they slow.

moorey

call me Mia
At 1410g for the wheelset, it's more like 200g/wheel (compared to what I'm used to), plus the light 2.25 trail rubbers on it. Mazda were trying to get us for copy-write infringement when we described it.
You’re used to the wrong stuff. Any decent XC dude I know using alloy is more like 1500g