Considering changing to somthing a bit less racey... any frame recomendations

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well since this has turned into yet another "I ride [brand x] and you should too" thread, maybe you should be a little more clear as to what you want to do with the bike. I take it you dont race but want a solid, long travel rig? maybe a santa cruz driver 8 will be of interest. A lot of the bikes mentioned are still "racey" but what exactly do you mean by that? is it just the weight? or the geometry also? The 951 is fairly adjustable in that sense so I guess you saw the pictures on MTBR of a couple of hacks that sheared the front ends off their bikes and started thinking you'd best buy something else. Knolly Podium or Delirium?

So what do you buy after owning a Ferrari? certainly not a toyota!

P.S. I ride a 951 and so should you.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Katipo.
Brooklyn SR8 now made with lighter Supertherm tubing.
K9.

Last edited:

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Didn't Mitch Delfs ride both Tomac and Morewood, so wouldn't you class both those as race machines?
Just a comment because I don't have any experience with either obviously. I remember he broke a few frames too, not sure which brand though.

What are you saying, you obviously don't want a "house" brand but you don't want a "purebred pedigree" model either, you're looking for middle range stuff possibly boutique to be a bit different still?

I don't know, I'm as far from Race as you can get, so not considering the Giant's, Kona's, Specializeds and Norcos something like Transition TR450 strikes me as the middle ground material?