consumer boycott- ???

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lance being supported by Nike.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rep...-to-verbruggen-to-cover-up-armstrong-positive

Trek backed Lance against Lemond

Lance owns part of Sram.

Would the issues around Lance affect your next product purchase?

Is anyone thinking of a consumer boycott of these brands?
Not at all, you would have to be a massive jelous wierdo to do that.

Nike lol Cycling is probably the least use of roids than any of the sports that Nike sponsor, So Nike will be dropping the multi billion dollar sport "NFL" due to roid use hahahahahahaha Jokers!!!

Last edited:

cramhobart

Likes Dirt
Brasco- You really believe that the gold and silver medalist in the 100m at london are clean? Even though they BOTH ran time faster than Ben Johnston, and one of them has already been banned for doping? The dopers have always been, and will always be ahead of the teasters, students of history will note that NONE of the east germans were ever caught, despite a massive institutionalised doping program. When the swimmers were asked to abide by the same testing procedure that FAILED to catch lance, they refused, ditto tennis players. To the best of my knowledge no sport tests more extensively than cycling. Its also worth mentioning that lance won a bronze medal at sydney and passed doping control.

Last edited:

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yohan Blake was the silver medallist in 9.75 and has tested positive to drugs. Justin Gatlin was the bronze medalist in 9.79 and has previously failed a drug test. Ben Johnson also ran 9.79 in 1988.

*Edit: I just deleted my statement about fact checking, which I myself did not do. Hopefully noone saw that :cool: I was about to rant about getting your Gatlins and Blakes mixed up, i only just read that Blake had tested positive before.

Last edited:

drfuentes

Likes Dirt
Do not forget that L'Equipe also ran the story of Ian Thorpe 7 time olympic gold medallist testing positve for testosterone in 2007 at the Paris World short course champs.
Same Journalist and same Lab even!
Ian retired unexpectedly three months later. hmmm?

AOC not interested

JIM80B

Likes Bikes
Boycott? I was hoping to pick up some cheap Livestrong or Mellow Johnny's gear in the ensuing firesale. :heh:

Brasco_Designs

Likes Dirt
Cramhobart - The fact that Blake has tested positive once does that mean he isn't running clean now? What about someone like David Millar? Is he not riding clean now? Usain Bolt is an anomaly, no one has had the bodily proportions of him before, is he one of those people fortunate enough to be born gifted maybe? Coupled with advanced training, nutrition, sports psychology, equipment is it really that much of a stretch to think he could have run faster than someone in the 80's? I think you feel that doping will turn anyone into a world beating athlete, at that end its all about the small gains, how do you attribute Cadel's performance in the tours? You can still be close, or even win as in Cadel's case, without doping so to me its not a big stretch to think someone like Usain can indeed win without being doped.

You keep saying that cycling has the strictest doping controls, which while I disagree with, you can maintain that if you want but if you read comments from people like Dick Pound the former head of the World Anti-Doping Agency and it would seem that these controls were just lip service and were not actually adhered to or enforced in Armstrong's case. Swimming for instance, they now have the biological passport control, the same as cycling and most governing sports bodies around the world adhere to the World Anti-Doping Code

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am boycotting all of these brands except for Okley!

I am boycotting all brands that ever sponsored Allan Jones, Past or present. all of them lol

D_Nine

D_Nine , D_Nile Hahahahah good one ! Hey dat a river in Africa ? Look there is only one person who really knows and he ain't talking. Ok just say I jump on the lets get Lance bandwagon cause he's the ONLY person who ever lied and cheated in the whole wide world ever. How does boycotting a brand and putting some poor factory worker who has a missus,3 kids, 2 dogs a cat and a mortgage out of work hurt Lance . Lance probably wouldn't give a shit and the poor worker couldn't care if some guy cheated to win some pointless race !!?? And for all those that claim xyz shoulda won cause he says he don't take drugs and the testing body cleared him , dejavu.