Convict 100 - Entries Open on Monday (3 Dec)

maxadventure

Likes Bikes
123MAX-Convict100-EDM-Banner.jpg

Entries Open 3 Dec
A reminder to everyone interested in riding the 2013 Convict 100 – entries for this iconic event will open on Monday 3rd December at 9am (Sydney Time). Event date is set for Saturday 4th May 2013 – don’t miss out.

Win a free entry – Supporting Movember
We are putting the call out to all mountain bikers supporting the Movember movement. If you’ve been cultivating some fuzz on your upper lip during the month of November, you stand a chance to win a free Convict 100 entry and a $100 donation from Maximum Adventure to your Movember account. All you have to do is send us a photo featuring your mo, a bike helmet and a pair of sunnies. This is not only a comp for the blokes, submissions from our ‘mo sistas’ are most welcome. Although fuzz on the upper lip of a female rider is normally treated like chain suck (with a bit of wax) – we welcome a sexy female mo .. be it real or fake. The best three mo’s judged by the Max Adventure crew will win the entry and donation prize. Send your photos to showmymo@maxadventure.com.au

Rockin some new Convict socks!
Early birds, eager beavers and the geek sitting outside the Apple store waiting for the new iphone .. we salute you! If you like to ‘get in early’ we want to reward you with a set of styling new Convict 100 socks made by The Sockguy in the USA. No need to camp outside in the cold – if you are one of the first 100 people to enter the Convict 100 online, you win a pair! Entries will open at 9am (Sydney Time) on Monday 3rd December – make sure you are in front of a computer as the first 100 entries normally go in under a minute!

SteppenW

Likes Dirt
And another one...

Me too. Always a fun and scenic ride. Let's see if I can avoid walking the first climb this year.

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
Another 50 for me... (50 is the new 100 don't you know?)

After snapping my chain this year and losing 10 minutes or so I really want to try and do better...

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Love this event, in again for my 6 th time, 4th time for 100, need to get training... Well in feb anyway to try to get under 6:30.

wazzaa

Likes Bikes
so... my gf is stepping up for her first 100k enduro at next years convict.

shes done the 50km version of the highland fling and also capital punishment without too much difficulty, but is a little nervous about tackling 100km

how difficult is this event compared to other enduros around?

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
bit easier than capital for mine, though without the rest.

technically, its harder because although theres lots of fire road theres also lots of rocks , step ups, and step downs (so walking for average mtbers)

you also need to pay attention to the signs, and you must know how to do waterbars without leaving the ground - on the steep declines jumping the waterbars is a potential trip to hospital

maxadventure

Likes Bikes
#Convict100 - 70% sold out

Yip, we've seen a few entries come in the last few days so just approached the 70% mark. One of these will be waiting at the finish line for you - 4Pines Kolsch - quality handcrafted beer my friends!

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
Yip, we've seen a few entries come in the last few days so just approached the 70% mark.
Interested to know if you have had to do many refunds for people travelling interstate who might have thought it was part of the XCM series, but now that it has been cancelled have decided not to travel?
Same for Wombat too? Many NSW riders decided not to make the trip to Vic now?

maxadventure

Likes Bikes
Interested to know if you have had to do many refunds for people travelling interstate who might have thought it was part of the XCM series, but now that it has been cancelled have decided not to travel?
Same for Wombat too? Many NSW riders decided not to make the trip to Vic now?
We've had three withdrawals for the Wombat due to the XCM series cancellation. Two were elite riders targeting the marathon champs in Atherton the week after Wombat. None for the Convict so far ... but as per the article on Marathon MTB I'm sure elite level riders will adjust their schedules accordingly, unfortunately a result of the series not going ahead. We are all disappointed but let’s look towards the future.

maxadventure

Likes Bikes
Online Entries Close next week!

Reminder that online entries close in a week, if you are still keen to ride the Convict, better get a move on.

Other news:
  • Day parking and overflow camping now next to the village, within walking distance of the finish line. That means 50km riders can park close to and register in St. Albans
  • River crossing will feature two kayak bridges this year .. one for riders and one for walkers. No more wading the river.
  • Great food options in St. Albans as always including Jaffles (when last did you eat a jaffle as a post race meal?)
  • Signature beer at the finish line for all riders - http://www.4pinesbeer.com.au/
  • Bouncy castle and face painters for the kids on Saturday, located in the village close to the finish line
  • Kids race around the pub with prizes - Start at 10am (all ages and bikes welcome)
  • Race pack to include a Camelbak water bottle, phone pouch (see point 2 for a strong dose of irony), GU gel, chain lube sample and a razor (last item for those that occasionally venture onto the road)
Special offer of $25 on the event t-shirt if ordered online. They will be $30 at the event so save a fiver and pre-order yours now.

Convict100Tee.jpg

Already registered .. event program will be released tomorrow at http://www.convict100.com.au

Last edited: