Cool Things to Buy In America

cornflake

Likes Dirt
I'm going to America in the holidays with family, and i'm saving money up to buy heaps of stuff which I don't neccesarily need. What are holidays for! But what i'm getting at is that i've heard there's heaps of mad stuff in the U.S of A, and I want some. Nothing illegal (as much as I would love a BB gun), but something cool that I can use, show off, and that can't be bought over here in Australia....

Anyone ever bought anything cool over there or heard about? Gimme some ideas and if you're lucky enough I might buy you something(well not really, but...) :p

nickz

Likes Dirt
And if you look in some sports stores, Powell Peralta has re-issued the old Rob Roskopp and Natas fish-shaped boards, that's the shit, don't know if they are available in Oz. There are heaps of cheap clothes and shoes to be had. There is a chain store called Ross, which has crazy bargains for clothes and shoes, it's like a clearance store and has some really cool stuff. It all depends on what they have at the moment, but I've bought Levi's for US$8.99, Hurley boardies for US$15 bucks, Vans for $US 20 !! Check out Ross, my favourite store, they have branches all over. I'm having my last trip there tomorrow, and then back home!!!

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
you can get them here in Aus, however MAGlites are so cheap over there. you can grab a 4 'D' cell mag lite torch for about $10. i got two!

buy anything from walmart and you can return it (used or otherwise) within 3 months NO QUESTIONS asked. this was handy when i was living there and returned my electric grill (after 2.5months of daily use) and got ALL my money back. Same with a li-lo bed, and an X-box with 5 games.

as for cool stuff, grab a snowboard. a decent Burton board will set you back about $300-800US, compared to the $1200-alot more AUS (not 100% sure on aussie prices).

in general things are alot cheaper over there. a good place to visit are the factory outlet stores. Heaps of stuff for real cheap. same with 'best buys' (electronics). In L.A. go to some of the beach stalls. i went to one at Hermosa beach and pciked up loads of crap like a guitar, and boardies, and general trinkets for gifts. all at a fraction of what i would expect to pay here.

not a real helpful post, but just have a look around and you will find a fuck-tin of stuff you wanna buy.

ASH

RCOH

Eats Squid
Buy some 'Dickies' pants. I think are about $11-$16 a pair over there, compared to $100 here.

bazza

look at me
RCOH said:
Buy some 'Dickies' pants. I think are about $11-$16 a pair over there, compared to $100 here.
yea. buy them for me as well. size 32 please. ahahha. btw wallmart are nuts. thats like free rental for 2 and 29/30 days. ahahhaaha. thats way sweet.