Coondoo Rd Track?

matt36415

Likes Dirt
Am going in the nexxt single track mind race at nowra, the description on their site says it is fairly flat but not too much more

What sort of surface is it? - rocky like Stromlo or smoothish like most pine forests...?

What sort of lap times are expected? - or what times happen at club races?

What sort of technical / tricky bits are there? drops / rock gardens / roving packs of wolves...

any responses would be appreciated

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Smooth & twisty.
The wolves usually aren't a problem as long as you don't have to stop and fix a flat tyre

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
Am going in the nexxt single track mind race at nowra, the description on their site says it is fairly flat but not too much more

What sort of surface is it? - rocky like Stromlo or smoothish like most pine forests...?

What sort of technical / tricky bits are there? drops / rock gardens / roving packs of wolves...

Based on the Husky this year (the only time I've ridden the area) they are a sandy based trail with more roots than rocks - seem to hold up to, or more importantly drain, water well. Not a huge amount of climbing on the single track but enough to make the latter laps tough. Not sure on the length or actual track but I would assume around 12-13km based on their other races. Team Remedy will be fronting up again (2 gronks on AM bikes) in male pairs - noone wants to race 3's with us, so we struggle through pairs abusing, I mean encouraging, each other after each lap...........

daave

Cannon Fodder

The track is in pretty sweet condition atm. Rode down there the past 2 weekends. There are a few sections which would do with a trim, as it's getting a little overgrown in parts.

As the others said, sandy base. Relatively flat, no real techy sections. Going to make for a super fast race! I think the track is about 9km.

Handekk

Likes Dirt
Hi Demon, I'll be there! I will be riding the Van Nic in the solo ss class. are you going in it?

mcdoned

Likes Dirt
Coondoo is the most enjoyable solo course out there for a fun day on the bike. It's easy to stay pretty fresh until the end of the race out there. You'll love it!

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
Hi Doemon, I'll be there! I will be riding the Van Nic in the solo ss class. are you going in it?
yeah I'm in, but Ben has cried soft so we are riding pairs. At least that way you shouldnt overtake me more than once. I'm thinking about riding my hardtail build! I'll be sure to check my derailleur cables before I get there :)

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Coondoo is the most enjoyable solo course out there for a fun day on the bike. It's easy to stay pretty fresh until the end of the race out there. You'll love it!
Are you coming? Bringing the bike or the Nintendo machine with all the buttons?