Copies of GripSport products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
plain and simple john you are copying people's designs so stop having a cry about people copying yours, which we have already established arnt yours anyway.....
Find me a picture/reference to another car rack that does the same thing that was released in Australia before Johns. If you cant, STFU.

Duff_Man

Likes Dirt
Tomas...where i have used patent instead of registered design was not meant as to use them as interchangable words...i thought grip said he had a patent on it but apon reading the first page again i see that he actually said registered design. In a sense they are still similar in that it is a legal way of protecting a design, or process.

Im not talking specifically about his bike rack being a copy....know one that i know of had made them before john with the intent to manufacture and sell them. They were however made for personal use, and then made by john for VICMTB. So it seems a little rich to be getting upset on a forum rather than investigating it privatly and taking action that way.

Last edited:

scblack

Leucocholic
Tomas...where i have used patent instead of registered design was not meant as to use them as interchangable words...i thought grip said he had a patent on it but apon reading the first page again i see that he actually said registered design. In a sense they are still similar in that it is a legal way of protecting a design, or process.
We all know why you used patent instead of registered design - you did not understand the difference. We all know that.

Why dig so deep making yourself look such a fool trying to backtrack on your words when we all know you did not know the difference?:rolleyes:

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Duff man has now crossed the line with a fairly clear intent to slander by using the statements

plain and simple john you are copying people's designs
Grip has copied other items
The lawyers are looking at this already and I guess people can make up their own minds.

But for interest's sake I'll repeat what I wrote much earlier in the thread.

Grip said:
this thread was simply to say... "Hey, we're being copied. That's sort of a compliment and a piss-off all at the same time." And to let people know that we are aware of what's going on.

-toby-

Likes Dirt
I can understand where Duff Man is coming from in saying that the bike rack concept was not Grip's own, he simply began to produce them for sale. And Grip now has a legal registered design for them in Australia (so far as I can understand).

So it appears that whilst Grip has a legally registered design, he is relying on this legal point to seperate his own copying/use of past designs from that of these GripSport copy cats. I understand where Duff Man finds this hypocrtical. However, it also appears that Grip can distinguish himself from these copy cats as he has taken someone elses concept and used his own measurments, specifications, materials, mounting systems ot create his own design. (It seems people have been distinguishing between a concept and a design as two very different things). These copy cats have not only used the concept but also Grips design, and as such, they are doing something more than what Duff Man suggests Grip has done in the past.

Is this the gist of whats happening here?

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
This isnt really a topic for 'discussion' (which you made it when you bit at Duff-Man's comment). I would have locked the thread.
Yep, you're absolutely right. I was simply trying to let those producing the knock-offs know that we are aware of what's going on and that going into production or marketting those copies will result in further action being taken. It was all so simple when it started :rolleyes:

Locked now.

Status
Not open for further replies.