Corc Solo 24

jean5614

Likes Dirt
Once again another smoothly run, well planned CORC event. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Spectators cheering you on and Ben on the mike with a well judged and humourous commentary without the hype of some events,that was really nice. This event doubled in size from last year, but it lost non of the charm and atmosphere of the first year. Well done to all the organizers and helpers, for a great event. A big wrap for people who did things because they were there to be done, like Dan and his friend who cleared halfway hill of glass, and formed a safe path. Cheers to all the riders who were never unpleasantly desperate to pass, or never too busy to let others through. Even the -4 of the night could not persuade me from doing this all again. It gives Easter buns a whole new meaning, they are definitely hot and cross. Cheers Jack

prklcd

Likes Dirt
Got to check out some of the action on Saturday afternoon. Looks like a great event. I for one will be entering next year.

:D

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
I still haven't got full feeling back in the toes of my right foot!:eek:

I never thought I could ever get that cold riding a bike, I was joking about my feet being numb etc. but frostbite never even crossed my mind, silly as I'm aware of it on the snow.

Thanks to all the riders for being so polite and friendly while passing me... I only managed to pass one rider!!!

I could not have done the race without my children, Brendan and Siobhan. They were my support crew and worked together brilliantly!!! (normally they are at each others throats!!) Brendan did the first shift, till 4.30 am, then Siobhan took over for the rest of the race, my friends turned up just after midnight to check and Paul stayed until about 7 am to help the kids.

Special thanks to Joe from Retrolight, when I came in from one of my laps to change bikes, he was helping out Brendan with some mechanical stuff and ended up hanging out with Brendan and giving him a hand till about midnight.

A great course, still fun after 24 hours!!!:cool:

Thanks to all the volunteers that made the race happen and to all the very supportive spectators :)

Last edited: