Corrupt RAR File?

Fritta

Likes Dirt
Hey guys ive just downloaded a rar file and when i try extracting it, it says extracting and it takes about 5mins. When i go into the folder where its meant to be extracted its not there. Same with trying to extract the files individualy, i extract them and it says completed but when i look in the folder i cant see them, then when i try again it says would you like to overwrite the same file. :?
Much appreciative for any help thx guys.

naz

Criminally Inane
make sure ur looking in the correct file, n are there several rar files, make sure ur clickin the correct, if ur downloading a game there are usually several parts n one that u need to open

Fritta

Likes Dirt
yeah i made sure it was the folder i extracted it to and im sure of it but its not there once it says ive extracted it.
im thinking the file i dloaded is currupt because the .cue file doesnt work when i try to burn it as an image.

naz

Criminally Inane
is it a game or somethin illegal, there usually dodgy, coz ull download it all n one file will be corrupt, stick to downloadin off p2p

LordNikon

Uber Geek
Another option is that the files could have been labelled as "hidden" when the files were created.

Make sure that your folder options are set to show all files.

Or... the archive was created using Linux, in which case the file may not be recognizable by windows file systems.

JohnDempsey

Cannon Fodder
Hey guys ive just downloaded a rar file and when i try extracting it, it says extracting and it takes about 5mins. When i go into the folder where its meant to be extracted its not there. Same with trying to extract the files individualy, i extract them and it says completed but when i look in the folder i cant see them, then when i try again it says would you like to overwrite the same file. :?
Much appreciative for any help thx guys.
Corruption and lost rar files can be repaired due to rar recover. It uses contemporary methods of restoring data due to clear and easy to use interface. Tool can't change source rar data during restoration.

rone

Eats Squid
Corruption and lost rar files can be repaired due to rar recover. It uses contemporary methods of restoring data due to clear and easy to use interface. Tool can't change source rar data during restoration.
You have been sitting on this information for SEVEN YEARS? Are these 2004 contemporary methods, or contemporary contemporary methods?