Council, helping with DJ......what the??

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well not the council exactly. I've been wanting something done to the jumps in my local park for a long time. A month ago I was given a card by a council worker and told to ring the bloke on there. I called the bloke and he said that the jumps were going to be completely rebuilt. He also said that they would be rebuilt by some guys know as the Dirt Demons, a couple of guys who ride motorbikes and pushies and just happen to how to use an excavator and bobcat.

I was called by the bloke from the council on Friday and he told they were starting work Monday. I was ecstatic :D. My parents let me have the day off so I could go down and see what they were doing.

here's a few pictures of what they've done so far.

From the top of the Roll in.

Side of the first jumps. There's 2 lines. Advanced and intermediate.

Side of the second

There not the best photos but I will get much more this afternoon once the jumps have been shaped and compacted down. The guy fromd the Dirt Demons building them is really cool and wanted some input.

he was laso telling me about a jump park that will be built in Upper Coomera. In the next couple of months :)

So happy this has been done. Will update tomorrow and later this afternoon.

simon rocks

Likes Bikes
awesome, that would have been a suprise getting that letter. Why was the letter sent to you

Last edited:

bransly

Likes Dirt
thats awsome! our council gave us a card to send a petition to so hopefully we'll get something like this happening!

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Which council where?
Well done. Don't forget to thank them. Not many of us are lucky enough to get legal spots to ride without a fight.

kyleman

Likes Dirt
man that is so lucky..
Jumps look great too. Were they jumps built by the council in the first place? Or did you guys build some and the council sort of didnt care?
Tell the dirt demons they can come to our jumps anyday.

Harry B

Likes Dirt
Lucky bugger

I can't believe that your parents let you have the day off to check out what they where doing at your local jumps, my parents would never do that.

Are you going to put up the progress of your local jumps yet? You said you would ages ago and you haven't.

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can't believe that your parents let you have the day off to check out what they where doing at your local jumps, my parents would never do that.

Are you going to put up the progress of your local jumps yet? You said you would ages ago and you haven't.
Haven't had a good chance yet I've been really busy the past few weeks with my new job and going to mackay and school work. So update may be a while with other things coming up soon

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will be very interested to see what progress the jumps have made, should be pretty damn good, if they have an excavator and all the other cool machinery I wish I had. :D

JakeGorey

Likes Dirt
you lucky ducks! our local jumps are poor, when ever they get big enough to really have some fun, they get knocked down. We've started building in my mates backyard and some awesome trails in the bush, i'll try and get some pics for you guys

Mitch_freeride

Likes Dirt
Those jumps out at Arundel/Parkwood are absolute CR***P what ever happened to shovel. Dirt Demons (people who made them) need to do some finishing work with a shovel because they are way to rough even for a MTB and the jumps are out of proportion.

Dirt Demons ruined Ashmore BMX track and Arundel park jumps but i heard they made some sick ones in a park at Upper Coomera??