couple of general questions. BoXXers/chain guides.

jacob123

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys just looking for some advice on some things ive got to ask:

1)
first thing is that ive noticed that on my 2007 boxxer world cups there is a tiny amount of oil/fluid leaking welling up around the compression adjuster only noticed it recently. is their something wrong with they need a full rebuild? or is it just general wear and tear?

2)
what are your opinions on the quietest chain guide on the market ive owned a truvativ box guide, a e thirteen LG1 on my old bike, and a e-thirteen SRS on the new bike. the lg1 seems to be winning with noise and my overall preferance. looking to upgrade the srs and wondering what a quiet chain guide is/ or anything quieter than an lg1?

cheers
jacob

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i've got an MRP G2 at the moment, works as it should, don't notice any noise coming from it. and it looks pretty cool :cool:

Dante666

Likes Dirt
You could stick with the LG-1 and just use some things like the fluffy side of velcro on the guides to quiten it. their was an article on the site somewhere about how Iron Horse used to make Sam Hills bike quiet and it had something about chainguides.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i've got an MRP G2 at the moment, works as it should, don't notice any noise coming from it. and it looks pretty cool :cool:
your bike looks crap angus...

yeah his mrp works and looks good, my mates run lg1's and they're goo enough to make me get one.

jacob123

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah thanks guys i think ill just get the lg1 but now colour choice;)

Also tried the thing with the boxxers it worked a treat. Cheers!