Cows Off Track

Neon

Likes Dirt
hey. i have recenty started having problems with cows trampling all my berms and jumps on my track.
i was just wondering wether anyone knew of any ways to keep the cows off the track.
thanks

(feel free to move to trail bulding)

Last edited:

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
put up a sign asking them not to, or asking them to fix the damage they make.

otherwise put up a fence around the area, or install a dog.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
suggestions

1) Eat them.... after cooking of course.

2) Put signs up saying 'Abattoirs this way ----> "

3) Collect all the cow manure, bag it, sell for $2 a bag.... retire rich.

unfortunately cows are stupid, and stubborn... hence the electric fences to try and stop them. sorry, wish I could help more... are the cows not fenced off???

s

Escapegoat

Escapegoat
is this the kind of problem you are having?!

Mt Chery bike park, Les Gets, France- cows had a mind of their own and would randomly leap out from behind tress to scare ya.....

No idea what the solution is though, sorry :p

Attachments

Last edited:

Makker

Likes Bikes
The reason cows will stand all over your jumps and berms is because they like to be higher than the rest of the herd. Makes 'em feel important or something.
But yeah - that's the real reason why they do it. How to stop 'em is a different kettle of fish.

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Unfortunately they're not like ants where you can wipe say emon juice on something to keep them away. They're not as smart as ants.
The only solution is a physical barrier e.g. fence.

Dragonwoody

Likes Dirt
maybe sink your berms or for your kickers build them bigger or put some grates across the bottom of them so they can't get up them (???)

Deviant_Devil

Likes Dirt
Lay landmines at the bottom of your berms. Also keeps away rabbits, possums and foxes. Or in the words of SpAnKy: Eat Them.

dh damo

Likes Dirt
well at night under the cover of darkness sneak up to them when there sleeping and push them on there backs. then they can not get back up but i wouldn't do it to a bull. infact if there was a bull walking round your jumps i wouldnt be there at all might get horned.

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Put a fence up beside your track
or
Move the cattle into a separate paddock?

Cattle love to climb random mounds of dirt and trample stuff, even rub there face in it!

good luck.

best option is to move them or the trail

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
suggestions

1) Eat them.... after cooking of course.

2) Put signs up saying 'Abattoirs this way ----> "

3) Collect all the cow manure, bag it, sell for $2 a bag.... retire rich.

unfortunately cows are stupid, and stubborn... hence the electric fences to try and stop them. sorry, wish I could help more... are the cows not fenced off???

s
OH MY GOD, Spanky said ' I '. :eek:

On a semi-serious note,
Make a few scarecow's and put them near all the berms and jumps.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Put lots of stakes on the other side of the berm and around the trail. Cows a pretty big, so the stakes/trees will discourage them.

Just dont do a backflip and land on one. Actually to the above, then tie fluro ribbons on them so there safer.