AM Craftworks ENR

jenk0s

Likes Dirt
Whilst it's not my secret to spill, I can also confirm that there is a revised front triangle soon to be released. As far as I know it will also be offered as an update for existing V1 owners...

Craftworks

Craftworks
Hey guys,
Sorry for the radio silence, I didn't notice this thread until the other day.
Sick build by @jenk0s! I'm stoked to see the love for these bikes.

To confirm a few of the rumours, we do have some updated frames due to arrive in March.
This newer frame is only a minor update, with changes to reach and head angle only.
It'll be dubbed v1.1, and there will be two sizes, still called Medium and Large, however these will be one size longer than the current v1.0 M & L sizes, effectively bringing the sizing closer to other similar bikes.
v1.1 Medium will have 445mm reach and 65deg HA.
v1.1 Large will have 465mm reach and 65deg HA.
Other geometry will remain the same as v1.0 (obviously, the WB will increase with the slacker HA and longer reach).
So, for those of you after an XL, hopefully you'll find the new v1.1-L size suits your needs.
We would have loved to do a v1.1-XL too, but unfortunately it just wasn't possible in this run. The length of tubing required would have meant a custom tubeset, which we're just not in a position to do with our extremely small production runs. Hopefully you guys after longer frames will understand, and be assured that we will do our best to accommodate you in future production runs.

The best way to keep up to date with the arrival of the new frames would be to jump on our website and sign up to the newsletter. Don't worry, we won't spam you unnecessarily; we'll just email you from time to time, to keep you in the loop.

Cheers,
Hugh.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Any plans for demos in Canberra?

Not sure if the new L will be big enough, but it could be close...

jrewing

Eats Squid
Hey guys,
Sorry for the radio silence, I didn't notice this thread until the other day.
Sick build by @jenk0s! I'm stoked to see the love for these bikes.

To confirm a few of the rumours, we do have some updated frames due to arrive in March.
This newer frame is only a minor update, with changes to reach and head angle only.
It'll be dubbed v1.1, and there will be two sizes, still called Medium and Large, however these will be one size longer than the current v1.0 M & L sizes, effectively bringing the sizing closer to other similar bikes.
v1.1 Medium will have 445mm reach and 65deg HA.
v1.1 Large will have 465mm reach and 65deg HA.
Other geometry will remain the same as v1.0 (obviously, the WB will increase with the slacker HA and longer reach).
So, for those of you after an XL, hopefully you'll find the new v1.1-L size suits your needs.
We would have loved to do a v1.1-XL too, but unfortunately it just wasn't possible in this run. The length of tubing required would have meant a custom tubeset, which we're just not in a position to do with our extremely small production runs. Hopefully you guys after longer frames will understand, and be assured that we will do our best to accommodate you in future production runs.

The best way to keep up to date with the arrival of the new frames would be to jump on our website and sign up to the newsletter. Don't worry, we won't spam you unnecessarily; we'll just email you from time to time, to keep you in the loop.

Cheers,
Hugh.
Deals on front triangle only?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
So looks like the new version has dropped...

So Hugh @Craftworks, when do we get a demo in Canberra?

Keen to see if the large is big enough for me!

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
So I have been on this bike for a couple of week now and it has blown me away with how it carries speed through the rough stuff. It has so much traction through corners and in loose off camber. The extending wheel base takes a little getting used to but, once you have it dialled it is poppy and fun. I am 6'2 and ride the large with a 50mm stem. It feels roomy enough without going over board. 6'3 would be the max in my opinion. The Beyond The Tape podcast just did a sick interview with these guys.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
So looks like the new version has dropped...

So Hugh @Craftworks, when do we get a demo in Canberra?

Keen to see if the large is big enough for me!
Hit them up Tubbsy, see if they can make it over for Sea Otter in Oct..If the world is still turning by then!

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Hit them up Tubbsy, see if they can make it over for Sea Otter in Oct..If the world is still turning by then!
Haha, that was a post from a year ago. From chats with other owners it’s just going to be too small, so the endurobro search continues.