craftworks FRM-125 or giant AC2

nick Rastas

Likes Dirt
hey ive got an AC2 and im thinking of selling it to get a FRM-125, if ya could help me out on which bike you think is better that would be a big help thnx

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
FRM appeantly your coved if you put triples on them but i don't know in what way your coverd .it could be just with a blanket and they try to hide and forget about it if you run triples.

cause if you can't see it it won't something something, i don't know.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
that made no sense to me frank-oi
go the FRM for sure, they have a way better linkage, with the pivot before the axel, the AC's are practically a single pivot with a linage actuated shock, and my mate had problems with his AC1's swingarm tooo

S.

ex offender
CHEWY said:
that made no sense to me frank-oi
go the FRM for sure, they have a way better linkage, with the pivot before the axel, the AC's are practically a single pivot with a linage actuated shock, and my mate had problems with his AC1's swingarm tooo
AC's ARE linkage-actuated singlepivots. The linkage on the FRM isn't "way better" (be good if you could back a statement like that up with even a reason, let alone some evidence), it's just a slightly different type that does almost exactly the same thing.

However I'd get an FRM simply cos so many people seem to break AC's.

nick Rastas

Likes Dirt
hey ty, im not selling the frame on it's own but i've got the whole bike for sale for 2000$ it's in the for sale section if ya wanna check it out.

fastrider_ben

Likes Dirt
i woul,d stay as far away from giants as possible
my mate had an AC and its in 3 pieces
giants always seem to break
id go the craftworks 4 sure

Ghost

Likes Dirt
I too would side on the Craftworks frame. The FRM is not only sexy, but an all round machine. It will allow you to do just about everything save jumping off a cliff. :p

S.

ex offender
It'll let you jump off a cliff... what it might not let you do is survive the sudden deceleration at the bottom :)

Stick

Likes Bikes
I have the old blue 125 with 6inch Boxxers on it and have raced it in the Vic DH series and haven't broke it yet but I also haven't jumped it of the side of a house either.

S.

ex offender
Stick said:
I have the old blue 125 with 6inch Boxxers on it and have raced it in the Vic DH series and haven't broke it yet but I also haven't jumped it of the side of a house either.
Ahh I've seen you around... black Boxxers right?

Cruz

Likes Dirt
matt462, your figures did not include the oz gst on your total so far which will be around an extra $130 or so.

nathan

Likes Dirt
go the crafty its sooo sweet and yes i have ridden one. Their not a full on DH frame but still good never the less.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't think you need to here my reply.

BTW, Socket, you really have something against the horst links don't ya !? I admit the horst link doesn't completely elliminate brake induced forces but it really does help. I have owned both designs and the horst link bike IS much better. yeah the axle paths are SIMILAR but there is more to suspension design than just the axle path.

fastrider gus

super huck
fastrider_ben said:
i woul,d stay as far away from giants as possible
my mate had an AC and its in 3 pieces
giants always seem to break
id go the craftworks 4 sure
thats the AC that nick has now :lol: :lol: :lol:

matt462

Likes Dirt
What Robert Crafter had to say when i asked him about them 2-3weeks ago.

"We have actually sold out and the next shipment wont be here until early August, I am sorry.
There are some changes to the FRM that will make it the best value Free rider around so if you can wait until then I think you will be impressed.
sorry we cant help you sooner."

and today after i again asked him about them

"We will have some pics when they are all sorted out, so if you can give us about 1 month we will have some photos on the site. thanks "