VIC Craftworks S1 DH - Med/Lg - 2013(ish) - SOLD (frowny face)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
So after doing myself a reasonably serious mischief (broke my back) i'm rethinking my stance on downhill riding. at the very least, i'm off them for 12 months, and thats if i pick it back up at all. if i do pick it back up, i'll hunt up another bike to do it on, no sense in hoarding this one when it has so much joy to give...

Item: Craftworks S1, Med/Lg, roughly 2013 (i cant confirm build date, and their website has nil info on it. see below for the web archive i managed to find, there is no archive on it prior to 2013)
Location: Narre Warren. pickup really preferred because i dont know when id be able to go get a suitable box and pack it up. currently not able to drive
Item Condition: Frame is good, not great. couple of scratches and a small dint on the top tube that i didnt photo well. Components vary from good to excellent mostly (grips are a showing their age, but do their job perfectly. dropper has a little bounce at full extension - can swap it for a brandx if you'd prefer)
Reason for selling: broken back, want some money to play with other things for the next year
Price and price conditions: $1200. i paid not much less than this and i've upgraded a butt ton of parts on it (i think i've only kept the headset, shock and brakes). i can keep the dropper and pedals if you want to knock it down a little.
Extra Info: https://web.archive.org/web/20130522021641/http://www.craftworkscycles.com:80/index.php/s1
cane creek DB air rear shock
rockshox boxxer world cup forks
mavic 721 rims on pro2 hubs (rear upgraded to evo internals, i have the donor evo hub to go with it too)
zee brakes
zee 10sp driveline
saint crankset & blackspire pedals
ks lev 150mm dropper
Pictures:

354808 354809 354810 354811

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Has this bike had any major crashes?

Bike looks sweet. Nice Big 1.5 head tube too...hope the recovery is going well??

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Has this bike had any major crashes?

Bike looks sweet. Nice Big 1.5 head tube too...hope the recovery is going well??
thankfully, the idiot riding it softened the landing :p

recovery is... happening. bike definitely came out of it all in much better health than i did

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
If you consider parting it out, I'd be interested in the brakes and rotors...

Ackland

chats d'élevage
You should reach out to Craftworks themselves.
I think that they are occasionally acquiring themselves some museum pieces (this may not qualify for Hugh)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Not old enough for a museum and not new enough for the cool kids

@moorey has expressed interest in buying everything except the frame if someone wants a masterpiece of Aussie frame engineering to build up themselves...

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Not old enough for a museum and not new enough for the cool kids

@moorey has expressed interest in buying everything except the frame if someone wants a masterpiece of Aussie frame engineering to build up themselves...

And it’s not that I don’t like the frame, BTW...#onepivotisplenty

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Hope your back is OK ? compressed vertebrae ??
Moorey is always buying stuff , his sheds must be full.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Pulled from sale.
Naw, just not a massive desire to see it go. You could buy it, play with it, decide it's got too much travel then sell it back when I'm ready to break some bones again?

Hope your back is OK ? compressed vertebrae ??
Moorey is always buying stuff , his sheds must be full.
Broken T4, feels ace!
It's people like Moorey that serve to make people like me feel better about the amount of bike stuff I buy. I had 5 sets of forks sitting in the garage unused a couple of months ago, but that's ok because mooreys got at least 13. Works every time

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I've got 3 sets of forks hanging unused and contemplating adding a Craftwoks S1 DH frame to a hook. We all have some weird shit going on........
This is but a whiff in the wind compared to mooreys collection, therefore it's not an issue. logic that has enabled so many purchases