Crank Bros Cobalt XC Wheels on Special, Worth a Look?

Ivan

Eats Squid
It might be worth asking Torp7 if these are Australian distributed wheels, and therefore come with an Australian warranty. I have a feeling the answer is no to both questions.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I seriously looked at these as an upgrade on my Rize 4 but decided I am too heavy (85kg) and went with Crossmax STs instead. The Mavics are a great wheel.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
A friend of mine runs the cobalts on his 09 Stumpjumper and he's around 95-100kgs. Seems ok so far. He's had them for about 4 months and rides regularly around Manly Dam, Ourimbah etc

DW-1

Dirt Works
It might be worth asking Torp7 if these are Australian distributed wheels, and therefore come with an Australian warranty. I have a feeling the answer is no to both questions.
they have full Australian warranty.

Elvis.

jrewing

Eats Squid
That feeling must have been eczema

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i say go for it, its a great deal, i was looking at the opium set when they were reviewed in dirt. and at $800 for the whole range (if i remember the advert correctly) they look fantastic and the $$$$ were the only thing holding me back, and if crank brothers products are anything to go by in the past, they will perform flawlessly

Stinky

Likes Dirt
I was eying them off on CRC but this is a much better deal (although they don't have blue). i was sorried about the warranty, just had not gotten around to asking the question, as they have had some issues with the freehub.

thanks Elvis for clearing that up.

Elvis can you let us know if those issues have been rectified at all with more recent models?

LordNikon

Uber Geek
I'm 90 odd kgs and run them on my hardtail, they're brilliant wheels. I was a little unsure when I got them but got a good deal so went for it anyway, I can't fault them.

Mine have done around 1000 km's around Forrest and the You Yangs and are still perfectly true.

At that price I say go for it, the blue looks better than red though IMHO. :cool: