Crank Brothers/Shimano Clipless Pedals

Korune

Likes Dirt
Ok so I realize there are are already a number of threads devoted to this topic, but I don't think my question has been covered yet...

So I run Shimano pedals for BMX and 4X, and have no real reason to change them... For these stiles of riding, I like having an extremely solid contact point between my feet and the pedal...

However for DH I like the idea of having a bit more 'float', so I thought that the Crank brothers pedals may be worth a try...

Anyway, I was just wondering if this is a completely stupid idea or weather it would be worth a go... more importantly are the pedals so different that it would be two confusing to run the different types?

Ivan

Eats Squid
IMHO they're not different enough to warrant the switch, unless you plan on running the wide release on the CB's, which will take some getting used to (crashing!).

Also, the slightly different release angles between Shimano and CB will mess with you head if your switching bikes regularly.

I have always ridden shimano, but have been using CB's lately for the reasons you have mentioned.

Last edited:

asdfben

Likes Bikes
I started with CB and bent them after a few rides..
i didn't even hit them haha the axle just bent significantly off a drop!
The feel in them is alright but for me it was like i didn't know when i was clipped in and when i wasn't.
i then moved to shimano DX's and i won't look back.
only shimano product i own but they are good, predictable and strong/reliable and well priced.
can't ask for much more!

niki125

Likes Dirt
If you're wanting to try out something with more float try the Time Atac's. Much more reliable than the CB and feel really good under foot.