Crank Brothers wheels NEW lower pricing!

Mongo

Likes Bikes
Doesn't look like they come in a 135mm rear configuration going by the tech specs on their website. Anyone heard any different?

DW-1

Dirt Works
hey all. Just a couple of updates on the Crank Brothers wheels:

1) we finally have them all back in stock again. (in pretty much every colour too)

2) some good news on the pricing.

As some of you may have noticed, the AUD$ is on the climb, so with the combined effort of both the stronger (and hopefully more stable this time) Australian dollar + some strong-arm negotiating by the Dirt Crew at the recent Eurobike and Interbike trade shows... the pricing has come down :D

All models now have an RRP of around $1229. :eek:

Elvis.

Last edited:

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
That price is much more attractive. Any idea on a the cost of a replacement rim once its dinged up?

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
That price is much more attractive. Any idea on a the cost of a replacement rim once its dinged up?
Bump this q, just about to pay an arm and a leg for a mavic crossmax sl rim. Do I sell them and move on?

DW-1

Dirt Works
Any word on when the Cobalt 29er wheelset will be released and the Lefty hub?
Lefty Cobalt (26") is already ordered. CB keep putting the delivery date back... but in theory... Early/mid December.

Cobalt 29er isn't on the CB order sheets yet. So we're not able to order them (yet). But we will... just as soon as they make the order codes available. (last I heard from CB was late December to place orders)

Elvis.

nicho

Sacré bleu!
hey guys,

i'd like to hear from people who have been riding the dh wheels if possible?
I'm curious in intrigued about those wheels and would love to know more.

also Elvis sorry for the picky question but how many pawls in the freehub? engagement points?

nicho

Last edited:

Krank Bikes

www.krankbikes.com.au
hey guys,

i'd like to hear from people who have been riding the dh wheels if possible?
I'm curious in intrigued about those wheels and would love to know more.

also Elvis sorry for the picky question but how many pawls in the freehub? engagement points?

nicho
Hey Nicho

we have a set of the Opium in the shop at the moment and they do look really good. I dont know about durability though.

I believe that they have 48 engagements with double rows of paws (6 in total). I believe that the engagements are at every 7.5 degrees. Im sure Elvis will correct me if I am wrong.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Nicho

we have a set of the Opium in the shop at the moment and they do look really good. I dont know about durability though.
they r chromo. that says enough to me about durability and strength.

and the opium look the SHIZNE

cylon

Cannon Fodder
Lefty Cobalt (26") is already ordered. CB keep putting the delivery date back... but in theory... Early/mid December.

Cobalt 29er isn't on the CB order sheets yet. So we're not able to order them (yet). But we will... just as soon as they make the order codes available. (last I heard from CB was late December to place orders)
Thanks for your prompt response, so if I want a 29er lefty do I need to get the wheel rebuilt? From what I have heard colour options are limited, the 29er wheels only come in silver? And the lefty hub only comes in gold?

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Is there a 15mm option on the AM wheels? I saw there was for the XC, but 20mm for the AM.

Im failing to see why you'd go the AM wheelset over say DT Swiss 1750?

horsey

Likes Dirt
I have ridden both this year. The iodines are significantly stiffer and did not require any spoke maintenance after 3 months of endurance downhill racing.

the DT wheelset is about 100g lighter, but they are not tubeless compatible. So that weight advantage is cancelled out by adding a tubeless kit.

horsey

Likes Dirt
Is there a 15mm option on the AM wheels? I saw there was for the XC, but 20mm for the AM.
The iodines come with QR and 20mm adaptors. I am almost certain that 15mm adaptors can be ordered seperately.

Also note that you can order 12mm thru axle adaptors for the rear wheel.

DW-1

Dirt Works
Thanks for your prompt response, so if I want a 29er lefty do I need to get the wheel rebuilt? From what I have heard colour options are limited, the 29er wheels only come in silver? And the lefty hub only comes in gold?
yes on every front.

Elvis.

DW-1

Dirt Works

15mm adaptors are in stock for the Iodine wheels.

well considering that they're both in the same price point (well within Au$100)...

I'd say for the reason someone previously mentioned... bling.

Elvis.