Cranks for DJing & 4X

Derka Derka

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys,

Any recommendations on some strong cranks for DJing and 4X??

If it helps, i have an STP and I am using an e13 bash guard and running a single chain ring at the front with gears at the back.

Also any opinions on 2 piece or 3 piece options & which are best?:D

4xboy

Likes Dirt
have you looked at the FUNN KOOKA DH it is a two peice i think and it come in gold i have ridden i bike thats rinnes them and there are real nice and strong and yer

cdfeto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Check out the Shimano range, they've got some awesome stuff: XTs, Hones or Saints. Truvativ Holzfellers are also very good and widely/cheaply available. What are you currently running, why do you want to upgrade?

killa_au

Likes Dirt
+1 to saints and hones, personally go the hones, a little cheaper a little lighter and i don't think you'll break them, ive been running the same set of hones the last 3 years with no problems.

On the topic of two piece or three piece, it doesnt make a whole lot of difference, the top end range of most brands tends to be pretty good nowdays. However im not aware of many 2 piece mtb cranks, hence you would have to run a bmx set, and ive got no idea what to do there, wombolts i think i dont know.

However, above all, unless youve broken your current set dont worry about upgrading them. Go get some big bars like every other fan boy is doing lol, i love my fat os deitys lol

Last edited:

Derka Derka

Likes Dirt
Cranks

Far out cranks are a tough one. I mean there is very little info and options out there! i mean bars, pedals, forks, rims everyone has an opinion and there is a million reviews...cranks on the other hand seem to be a little bit of an unknown area. Hence it is really great to have had your input.

Went an brought some band new cranks......and the winner is FUNN KOOKA DH !!!!! Based on price $280, the feel of them (they look bloody strong from the construction) and colour (i got the white ones which match me white argyles).

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would also recommend Saint's or Hones, maybe even XT's. They are all very good cranks and are really popular in the 4X scene so I think they would be some to look at seriously.