Cranksets - Bog standard or something different?

marc.r

Likes Dirt
I lust after a turbine cinch because of the looks. Real world I don't see any real benefits over an slx crankset. 3mm better chainline and a cleaner look with the direct mount ring .... Probs not noticable.

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have turbine cinch cranks on my blur tr and love them- just be aware that you need an old shimano splined bb tool to change chain rings and the threaded RF turbine bb(30mm spindle) requires a race face tool, that isn't compatible with any other bb tool.
Yeah, cinch are that shitty BB30. Normal turbines are 24mm.

http://www.wiggle.com.au/race-face-turbine-narrowwide-single-ring-chainset

I lust after a turbine cinch because of the looks. Real world I don't see any real benefits over an slx crankset. 3mm better chainline and a cleaner look with the direct mount ring .... Probs not noticable.
Run spacers between the chainring and crank tabs to improve your chainline?

cramhobart

Likes Dirt
Mine are noticeably stiffer than the xt's they replaced.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
I have Zee cranks and they feel like wet noodles compared to the Profile Elite cranks they replaced, the Elite crank is spline drive for the chainring but will only work with a 68mm BB.