Crankworks Rotorua + EWS

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Recently booked flights and acomm to head over and have a punt at this with a few mates. 20th to 31st staying at YHA Rotorua
Anyone else in farkinland going over?
Any locals on here who can give me an idea of what to expect in terms of the trails and potential liaison stages?

mint355

Likes Dirt
I'm heading hopefully with a mate (ZAF) to race. Our dates will be pretty similar to yours around 10 days or so can't wait I'm super pumped. I emailed the event organiser(dare2sweat) about when race (ews) entries open Neil said about mid January… I haven't booked flights or Accom yet...

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Recently booked flights and acomm to head over and have a punt at this with a few mates. 20th to 31st staying at YHA Rotorua
Any locals on here who can give me an idea of what to expect in terms of the trails and potential liaison stages?
A group of us are doing almost the same as you mate. 21st-30th @ YHA.

Z

Zaf

Yeah, got in the race also.
Cannot wait and it's still a month or two out!!

Z

Zaf

Amateur Men's 21-30 for me, and 31-40 for Mint.
How about you? Think we're doing some of the races at Crankworks as well.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah mate I'm in 21-30 also (I'm 21yrs old), my buddies aren't racing so at least there is someone on here will will be slightly familiar in the sea of enduro warriors

mint355

Likes Dirt
Seriously... You make me sound old.... So keen.... Lucky I'm a piss head and can hang with you young blokes at the pub.... Braaaappp SPEW!!!!!

Z

Zaf

Haha, you're not old Mint!
I'm at the upper end of the 20's category at 27.
And you'll still drink me under the table, but I'm a Cadbury anyway, so I don't think there are awards for beating me in this regard.

haydenw, you bringing along that bright orange beast? Or something smaller?

Last edited by a moderator:

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha, you're not old Mint!
I'm at the upper end of the 20's category at 27.
And you'll still drink me under the table, but I'm a Cadbury anyway, so I don't think there are awards for beating me in this regard.

haydenw, you bringing along that bright orange beast? Or something smaller?
yeah I'll be making it reign (couldn't resist) all week long

Z

Zaf

Hahaha!
Admit it, you make that joke every chance you get, don't you?

nuttydh

Likes Dirt
Yup, will be heading over for the weekend arriving Thursday lunchtime in Auckland, then leaving on the Monday arvo.
Booked in at some motor lodge for a pretty good rate.

Last edited:
Z

Zaf

So I think I asked Mint a little while back and he said the official ruling on helmets for the Rotorua race was "wear what you think is appropriate".
Having watched the footage from the Rotorua bike Festival Enduro, not a single full faced showed up, nor looked appropriate to the terrain being ridden.
It's made me second think bringing the big lid for the race, or more cart it across an ocean and then not use it.

That said...better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
What are you guys doing with it?

D

Deleted member FN2187

Seriously... You make me sound old.... So keen.... Lucky I'm a piss head and can hang with you young blokes at the pub.... Braaaappp SPEW!!!!!
Dont worry Minty me and my crew are reppin 30+ hard. We'll have to show these young wipper snappers how to hold their piss.

I'll be there with 2 mates from the 27th to the 1st, then road tripping down to Queenstown until the 10th. No Racing for me, just gettin rad. We're going to be total punters just there to watch the slopestyle and DH. Am keen to piss it up with Rotorburners, hit me up.. We're staying at the cosy cottages in right in the middle of Rotarua.

Last edited by a moderator: