AM Cranky goose, yeah braaa

safreek

As you know, I picked up a mongoose hard luck for parts, turned out that it wasn't the shitter I was expecting.

As I was expecting something similar to a fireball I was surprised to find 150mm dropouts, also it seems it's designed for up to 160mm forks. Bloody score or what.

Obviously anyone who knows me knows I'm going to fuck up a reasonable bike and turn it into a crate of shit.

First up are photos as it came, drop offs of some description, they even work, dual air valves and all. It is going on the GT

Photos of the partial rebuild coming after lunch

safreek

Now with the mighty crank Bro wheels, sage freeride no less. Probably the strongest wheel out there.
Note the gorgeous Z something forks on it, almost like back to the future.

Dropouts on the fork and the rear end are open, none of these fancy holes to keep the axle safe and attached.

Still to add some old-school bars and stem.

Certainly takes time when you have shit tools

safreek

Is this all go for dirt jumps? Or another heavy xc rig?
Absolutely no idea at the moment. Took it for a quick spin and it turns out that I am not ready for riding yet.
Probably only keep it for Pottsville trips, they have a fairly ok little skate park.

It was mainly put together because I could.

It's actually fairly light compared to what it was, crank bros wheels are lighter, the fork is much lighter than the dropoffs, the lack of brakes keep the weight down as well

Last edited:

safreek

why don't you invest in some decent tools instead of more ballast?
Are you like that kid that everyone went to school with whom had a dad that did up Rovers?
you noticed my crown bashing tool I see, towbar extension and a part of an old charge bottom bracket, works perfect

Some would argue a decent helmet wouldn’t go astray either.
Don't worry, I have a couple, keep forgetting to pack them though.