Crappy hubs be crappy...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

SummitFever

Eats Squid
How are the bearings spaced? Floating tube between bearings with a straight able or axle with machined lips to spacer the bearings?

Pressing a bearing in (particularly if cocked) can create a burr up against the outer race face which will result in the bearings being preloaded too much/being crunchy when you tighten the axle. Pull the main hub bearings back out and give it a good clean.paying particular attention to the faces on the hub body where the outer bearing race is pressed up against.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
How are the bearings spaced? Floating tube between bearings with a straight able or axle with machined lips to spacer the bearings?

Pressing a bearing in (particularly if cocked) can create a burr up against the outer race face which will result in the bearings being preloaded too much/being crunchy when you tighten the axle. Pull the main hub bearings back out and give it a good clean.paying particular attention to the faces on the hub body where the outer bearing race is pressed up against.
Yeah, I just ran out of patience with it… It was like this (not as bad though) before I pulled it apart, so I think it was manufactured with too much preload. I did check for burrs or debris in the seat of the bore.
It’s an axle with machined lips.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
You might get a very special price from Orange now they're in Administration..

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Aesthetic dilemma solved by them only having black ones. Oh well - I’ll live. $420 for a pair including shipping feels like a decent deal. I assume that’s their cost price, so I’m happy with that for support on a wheel warranty that had expired.