crash at 172km/h on a push bike

Dumbellina

Likes Dirt
Slowing it down, the frame snaps at the head tube. The reason for the frame failure is not clear, although the soil type seems to change. The collision with the earth snaps the helmet in two leaving his head exposed for the rest of the roll.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Dumbellina said:
Slowing it down, the frame snaps at the head tube. The reason for the frame failure is not clear, although the soil type seems to change. The collision with the earth snaps the helmet in two leaving his head exposed for the rest of the roll.
If I remember correctly it was blamed on a slight rise/hump in the ground.

S.

ex offender
If you're gonna do something at all, you might as well do it thoroughly I suppose.

Pete J

loves his dog
johnny said:
If I remember correctly it was blamed on a slight rise/hump in the ground.

Hooley dooley, at those speeds i would have used a motox frame!!! :eek:
The ground didn't seem all that bumpy and if you slow the video down the rise/hump is only ever so slight!

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
it looks more like the frame nosedived into the softer stuff at the bottom of th steepish bit. what a nut. (d'load it and go frame by frame in quicktime, you will be able to see it better)

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
i cant beleive he only got a broken nose
and how cool does it sound when he is getting close

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
Hmm.. interesting how he lost his helmet (in true Joel Rose fashions...)- that should happen if the helmet is done up.

Butch

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Daver said:
Hmm.. interesting how he lost his helmet (in true Joel Rose fashions...)- that should happen if the helmet is done up.
baaaahahahahahahahahahahhahaha !!! GOLD! nice call daver , flippin sweet crash , did it have pegs onit ? callin on grip to repair the frame lol

boofis

Likes Bikes
Surely he would've got a concussion as well, he didn't seem to be moving too much at the end lol! That's insane, I remember his snow one. Rediculous!
Thanks
Troy