Crazy 6 Two Thousand and Twelve

GMBC

Squid
We have had a few emails about on the day entry and the late fee.

On the day entries are a headache on the day for a bigger event like the Crazy 6, hence why I line entries are made available. And let's be honest with ourselves, a 6 hour isn't generally a last minute decision.

The late fee will be charged for all on the day entries, we have had entries open for over a month, advertised closing dates via Rotorburn, the club website, club Facebook, club twitter, the Vic enduro series website, the state series email newsletter, I'm not sure what more we could have done to help you enter on time?

Lots of events don't take on the day entries, lots sell out well before and people manage to enter into these events.

The late fee is there to encourage people to enter online, to make out job easier and ensure we have enough of everything.

GMBC pride ourselves on our events, from No Frills Friday, the gazebo series, the yowie and the crazy 6, the state xc rounds we run. Of all of these events, we only ask for online entries for 2 of these. Last year we actually lost money on the cancellation of the event last year, so this isn't a money grab.

Thanks for your understanding.

Rich Grant

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
Thanks Rich,

I am most happy with paying a late fee, my query was specifically if I rocked up to race solo that I would't be knocked back.

GMBC charging late fee is most justified and I totally agree with that approach.

My last minute planning is more work and family related on gaining a greencard to attend.

For the record have always loved GMBC events since my first one back in 2002.

Mars.

akashra

Eats Squid
Taking entries on the day and charging a premium I believe is the right way to go. It provides a good deterant for people to not leave it to the last minute, and to not try to take that gamble of "I cbf wasting my money if it's going to rain".

My personal belief is that an event organiser should never refuse an entry to someone who turns up on the day, unless the event has an entrant cap which has been reached. The 'it's too hard for rego' excuse is just BS - and I'm more than qualified and have done enough events to know the amount of effort that's required to key an entry in to the system.
All this serves to do is turn away riders who, generally, are new to the sport, have only just heard about the event, and decided to come along and find out what was involved to get started.

I'll be there sitting on Rego from early Saturday morning, and will be only happy to take your entry if you change your mind between now and Saturday, turn up on the day, and decide you want to race. In fact, I encourage it. You won't be disappointed with the event, that's a promise.

Knut

Troll hunter
The course

I would have to say. The gnarlier the better for me. As a general rule, I hate lame courses. Built and designed for the enthusiast. However, I love this course! The are some fast bits and recovery bits. At times, tree trunks get close. As we saw last night. It's a course that you won't have to spend a grand on your bike due to mud or take a day off Monday because you have spent three or more hours on he Vibratatron 2000.

You will wear out your tyres though. And your legs are going to be as sore as you can let them become.

Really looking forward to seeing the Enduro Crew again.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt

Any idea how long a lap is time wise?
best time has been 24.34 bar the finishing straight so probably 25 min for the fastest team guys. work it back from there for solos .

just seen the trophies and will try and post a pic. they look beautiful and def worth digging deep for the win.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
def worth digging deep

471230_10150614418636196_593811195_9695153_1264678153_o.jpg

here are the Crazy six trophies . All the goodness of carbon. Not sure of the weight

dig deep on the weekend to win one of these.

As Tim Corbett who made them said.

"So much Bling So much Carbon"

Knut

Troll hunter
With this rain settling down the loose stuff, come lap two, it is goiing to be absolutely insane out there. Holy Fast Batman.

btothec

Likes Dirt
With this rain settling down the loose stuff, come lap two, it is goiing to be absolutely insane out there. Holy Fast Batman.
Where's the like button when you need it!

Oh and any chance there is an entry list floating around the interwebs somebody could point me in the direction of.

akashra

Eats Squid
Well there's one up in the top left, and then there's this one:

And yeah, I'll put an entry list together in the next 15 mins or so.

akashra

Eats Squid
Entry list

Here you are - entry list for tomorrow as of who pre-entered on Wednesday.
View attachment Enduro Riders.pdf

Edit: Oh yeah, and if you really insist on not coming racing but you're in Geelong with nothing better to do, they're racing Port-a-loos at Avalon. Yes, the annual Dunny Derby is on :p

Last edited:

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
And even some cleated slippers? Nice!

As for time off the bike, I am so elderly that I need a team-mate to make up for my massive retardation...

btothec

Likes Dirt
I'm tired. I had a good time but my legs say other wise. Thanks to all at GMBC that put on another great show as usual.

P.S. Can next years course have less pedaling please?

Knut

Troll hunter
That really was a fun course. I think I am still pedalling! My legs are sore. But sitting in front of the fire drinking wine makes up for it. Well run event. The race village was fun and the atmosphere was so chilled. Thanks to the GMBC Race Crew for putting on a stirling show.

How awesome were those trophies! Well done to all competitors. Everyone was really friendly. I love the VES.

Last edited:

serowe

Likes Dirt
Images from yesterday's VES Round 2 - GMBC Crazy 6 - are now available at http://www.mtb-images.com.au

Images are sorted by name (first name then last name) and are also geo-coded - click on the green earth icon on the top left of a thumb nail to see exactly where the image was taken on the course.

The are more than the usual number of Unknown iumages in this set (1200+ images...) due mainly to number plates on bikes not being tied on properly or bent so that the number couldn't be seen. If you can identify any of the unknown images, please let me know. Unknown images start on index page 50 - http://mtb-images.com.au/20120324/index_50.html

For those that specifically asked yesterday (sorry guys!) Ross Wilson - it pays to keep your hands ON the bars when you see a camera:

http://mtb-images.dyndns.org:1088/galleries/enduro2011-12/20120324/photos/Ross_Wilson_1571.jpg
http://mtb-images.dyndns.org:1088/galleries/enduro2011-12/20120324/photos/Ross_Wilson_1572.jpg

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
What a great day. My wife`s first ever MTB event and she was stoked. Claims she dosen`t have a competitive streak but was miffed at missing the 6hr cut-off to do one more lap by 2 mins (thought it was 7mins but forgot about the start being 10:05. Saw her clock tick over and took it easy).
Great idea having the race on a Saturday. A good day to recover before going back to the real world.
Thanks to the Geelong club for a great day. Good atmosphere, food and coffee (aaahh, sweet Guatemalan blend, hmmm). Kids had a great time too.

Only one little niggle.

You can take that You Yangs tune and stick it up ........
All the way home my 5yo daughter kept singing it over and over and over and...

Cheers
MH