Crazy Sydney Drivers

Jordy

RYD4LF
igothp said:
gromet said:
dont abuse them because then they feel like they have acomplised something.......just chase them down (if u can) go up next to there car and stare at them. really shits them, they try not to look at u but u know they can see you.
Hmmmm... lock-on grip ends = paint scrapers
or... no-footer to mirror kick :twisted:

oh and ACT drivers are in a world of their own (ie throw bungers at other people :? )... so are wollongong drivers, but no matter where you are there will always be taxies. I mean bad drivers.
funny that, I've lived in Wollongong all my life and never had a problem with drivers around here

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
scblack said:
Ultimately I suppose it's us who have to be careful - no matter how badly a driver has fucked up, how much it is their fault, it's the rider who will end up in hospital.

I'm not having a go at anyone's posts, drivers should do better, but we are the ones at risk of injury. Protect yourself - because they won't.

Ahhhhh, the voice of reason. Music to thyne ears.

timmo

Likes Dirt
scblack said:
Ultimately I suppose it's us who have to be careful - no matter how badly a driver has fucked up, how much it is their fault, it's the rider who will end up in hospital.

I'm not having a go at anyone's posts, drivers should do better, but we are the ones at risk of injury. Protect yourself - because they won't.
Very true!
The other thing is, being pissed off about it affects no-one but you, really.

I nearly got hit by a bus the other day, it overtook me with what felt like an inch to spare, and scared the absolute shit out of me, so I nearly fell off the bike.
I was pretty pissed off and gave him the finger, but ultimately, staying pissed off about it only makes my life miserable, and has no affect on him/her.

On the other hand, I nearly hit a cyclist the other night, cause I just didn't see him. The area was particularly dark, he had just one of those white flashers at the front. I was in the wrong, as I was at a T intersection, and he was coming up on my right, but I simply didn't see him.
I think I'm relatively aware of cyclists, given that I ride to work most days, but as scblack said, in the end it's ultimately up to us as cyclists to protect ourselves and make sure we're visible, cos we're ALWAYS gonna come off worst.

Cheers
Tim

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
If you can catch them, politely tell them the law that they are meant to give you 1 meters clearance when they overtake a cycilist.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
[angry rant]

Nothing makes my blood boil more than when you are either driving or riding and some one does something stupid/dangerous/illegal and nearly hits you. You come up next to them and they just ignore you :evil: Just a simple wave of "sorry" would suffice. Everybody makes mistakes and that's acceptable, it's when they refuse to appologise or even worse, ignore you and act like it never happened!

How pathetic and scared some one must be to just sit there and think: "I'm not going to look at him, just ignore him and he'll be gone soon". How fucking insipid and weak do you have to be not just to say "sorry mate. I wasn't paying attention". "Yeah no worries mate......".

What ever happened to common decency?

[end angry rant]

rhyno

Likes Dirt
So from this thread, what do people think:
*DH is more dangerous.
or
*Road is more dangerous.
I'd make this a poll if i could.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'll answer your question, with one of my own.
How many people have died doing downhill?
How many have died being hit by cars?

parallax

Likes Dirt
Ah but johnny - is it fair to draw a distinction like that by only examing the extremes?

Death may be the final frontier (RHCP) but plenty of people brake arms, legs, collarbones doing DH - possibly more so/or equal to road riding.

But I do agree - road riding (w/ cars) is farkin dangerous!!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I guess I put more dangerous as bieng the one that poses the greatest danger, that'd be death to me.

I see your point about which gives smaller injuries, but they usually heal whereas death doesn't. I'm also not thinking so much of road riding but riding on the road (as in roadies vs young kids, or us running out infront of cars at the Pyrmont dirt jumps). So yeah your right, I did think of big pic worst cases.

But hey, I'm an xtr33mist dude :twisted: :twisted:

(xtr33mist=wanker :p )

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Bobo said:
ITS SOOO TRUE nsw DRIVERS ARE THE WORST! (sorry nsw farkners) but yeah they are!!!!

like every time in melb u see the cars with NSW on ther # plates driving in the middle of the road n shit
Excuse me?, so are they supposed to drive on the footpath or something. I have had 3 close calls with Victorian drivers in a month. One bloke came out of a side street with no hands on the wheels and trying to light a cigarette! I had to slam my brakes on. Seriously, anyone who drives like that shouldn't deserve their licence. I'm not saying that all victorians are bad drivers, and that all new south drivers are good drivers. Living on the border, there are so many crashes and close calls because of the different laws regarding U-turns and lights etc. Personally i say, old people, city people, young guns and asian people are the worst drivers. Therefore, i'm guessing sydney and melbourne have high concentration of these people, therefore more stupid drivers than country towns etc.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
igothp said:
Hmmmm... lock-on grip ends = paint scrapers
or... no-footer to mirror kick :twisted:

oh and ACT drivers are in a world of their own (ie throw bungers at other people :? )... so are wollongong drivers, but no matter where you are there will always be taxies. I mean bad drivers.
amen brother, ACT drivers = shit. it's because of all the asian diplomats we have here who dont need to get their licenses over here, and they have diplomatic immunity henceforth police can do shit all. the upside is that cops dont care if you give them some attitude (i have been driving for about 6 months (well, on my Ps) and i have been almost run off the road countless times and actually run off a couple. i think ACT pedestrians are bad at looking for cars as well cos i have almost hit people SO many times.

(one of my biggest pet hates that ACT drivers do ALLLL the time is when thy do 10 below the speed limit in the overtaking lane next to a slower car in the left lane. (www.idiotdriver.com.au) report people who do this shit!!

arpit

Banned
No Skid Marks said:
If you can catch them, politely tell them the law that they are meant to give you 1 meters clearance when they overtake a cycilist.
Could you provide me with authority for that proposition please?
Thanks

Krusty

Likes Dirt
thats why i allways carry my extra pair of undies in my camelback in case i do get hit by a bus lol

i have never been hit by any sort of vehicle (touch wood) but i have to admit my dad is completely oblivious to cyclists on the road and doesnt move at all for them. i allways have to yell at him to make him do it haha

-NICK

wtr

Likes Dirt
MTB Maniac said:
old people, city people, young guns and asian people are the worst drivers.
Ha! Haha! Hahahaha! I'm famous, hahahaha.

But sadly, I don't own a Toyota.;)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
arpit said:
Could you provide me with authority for that proposition please?
Thanks
I assume you're either a law student or a cop in training.....with a vengence!